POSITION TITLE: Director of Supply Planning and Operational ExcellenceLOCATION: New York, NYPOSITION SUMMARY:
In the role of Director of Supply Planning & Operational Excellence, you will manage key responsibilities critical to the organization's success. You will be responsible for overseeing the supply planning function while driving operational excellence initiatives.
Exercising strategic leadership, overseeing the supply planning function, and being accountable for Opex reporting, you will lead a team of supply associates responsible for optimizing the capacity management of our suppliers to meet the demand requirements of the business, manage material inventory and liability, and report on costs.
Lead the execution of operational excellence project management, process creation, and standardization, KPI measurement, and cost analysis, while supporting multi-tiered sourcing strategies in alignment with brand and business needs.
Provide an allocation strategy that enables the right product to be developed and produced in the right place to achieve optimal cost, quality, and lead-time. Leverage collective knowledge and skills to unlock value for the business by providing a platform to improve the performance of key indices.
You will lead and influence change across the organization, establishing a culture of continuous improvement and KPI enhancements. Create strategies to influence and drive key objectives and initiatives in support of the supply chain teams. Support standardized ways of working, processes, and SOPs across divisions and identify any white space opportunities.
Attract, develop & retain top talent, and create organizational structure that drives successful results across the value chain.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Champion supply planning best practices and support continuous improvement in the supply planning and collaboration processes.
________________________________________________________________ RESOURCEFULNESS / CREATIVITY:
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders (fulfillment, sourcing, business teams) and external partners (regional hubs, vendors) through formalized collaboration and partnership.
- Drive the monthly integrated business planning (IBP) process to highlight where supply is constrained and provide scenarios and recommendations on how to address issues.
- Measure and report on key performance metrics and benchmarks related to supply planning and the overall supply chain, such as supplier adherence, operational reliability, impact on capacity planning assumptions and AUC milestones.
- Enhance digital tool performance by configuring parameters to align product color/style attributes most efficiently with known (historical) vendor capabilities. Optimize plans to meet supply planning accuracy targets.
- Identify system enhancements to improve supplier capacity planning and act as a key contributor to acceptance testing and the roll-out of modifications.
- Translate midterm to long-term Supply Strategy into a high-level rough-cut capacity plan (RCCP) for vendors and the supply network.
- Identify and resolve capacity shortfalls, either through downstream demand collaboration or upstream supplier schedule changes.
- Use tools and data to optimize load leveling and smoothing of supplier output on an exception basis.
- Create analyses to demonstrate over/under capacity utilization, always contextualizing the variables in product, volume, and fabric that create potential risk/reward scenarios for the business.
- Work with corresponding demand and fulfillment planners on identified supply scenarios to gain alignment and adjust plans accordingly.
- Ability to build an improved data model to sketch the right supplier capacity strategies. Leverage experience with suppliers to propose new approaches.
- Monitor critical key materials and provide projections to vendors managing these key materials.
- Execute supply chain optimization opportunities such as speed models, postponement, advancement, expediting, consolidation, segmentation, and supplier reduction.
- Support business leads in understanding their supply chain development and manufacturing KPI performance.
- Oversee, develop, and communicate progress updates against AOP initiatives to Senior Leadership levels and functional areas to gain buy-in and support, or to influence action.
- Assist, monitor, and bridge macro costing through actual seasonal cost of goods and ensure robust and clear communication to leadership.
- Drive the standardization of processes and methodology for KPIs, cost, and processes.
- Assist with ad hoc project management.
- Formulate ideas and define strategic recommendations to Senior Leadership, including ROI analysis, resourcing needs, and future impact on the business.
- Create operational excellence storytelling: effectively communicate complex ideas, data points, and strategies to diverse audiences in a compelling, simple way that influences and inspires action.
- Stay well-informed and grow knowledge of the macro environment and associated business impact, risks, and opportunities.
- Serve as an influencer and thought leader to Supply Senior Leadership and teams.
- Lead managers to develop team members in their areas of responsibility.
- Develop and coach teams to evolve appropriate skill sets for future growth.
- Performance manages to create clear goals and objectives for the team.
________________________________________________________________ DECISION MAKING
- The position requires the collection of information available through internal systems and external resources within the company to execute daily functions.
- Creative problem-solving is essential.
- The ability to formulate solid, long-term strategies with Senior Leadership that align with Supply and Business priorities in a fluid and global landscape is necessary.
- The ability to analyze multiple areas of the PVH business and develop comprehensive strategies and initiatives to improve business, communication, and performance in various areas is required.
- The ability to influence at all levels (executive through associate) and to work in ambiguity is crucial.
- Comfortable with all levels and cultures, a relationship builder, able to navigate and influence within the organization.
- Uses creativity in strategic communication to clearly articulate written and visual messages, including the creative use of PowerPoint to convey strategies and messages.
- A trusted and respected resource as the "connector" to keep the business aligned and on track with strategies.
- A self-starter and solutions-oriented individual is sought after.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Support the formulation of the Supply annual operating plan with Senior Leaders to provide a path for teams to follow and goals to execute against.
- Influence Senior Leadership to be forward-thinking, take calculated risks in support of business goals, and advocate for positive change.
- Guide teams with Senior Leaders to make final decisions influenced by the annual operating plan in a timely manner.
- Oversee and drive teams to meet target goals and complete initiatives by expected deadlines.
- Primarily based out of the NYC Office.
- Overseas travel to regional offices, factories, or mills may be required.
8-10 years' experience in supply chain function, strategy role, or consultingEducation:
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present to cross-functional stakeholders across the organization.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Strength in collaboration with diverse, remote, cross-functional teams.
- Leadership skills, with the ability to lead, inspire, and oversee cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in a challenging, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Fast-paced and results-driven.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong strategic planning skills and operational knowledge.
- Critical thinking and influencing skills.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- Strong data and analytics skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word.
- Self-motivated with excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong people skills that can bring/unite teams around varying business solutions.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Pay Range: $140,000 - $150,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH