Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Position Title: Director, Brand Marketing Reports to: VP, Marketing Location: Tokyo Primary Purpose:
The director will be the key lead to strategize and deliver Coach's brand purpose of "courage to be real" unlocking the confidence & embrace authenticity through earned, owned and paid media in Japan.
Reporting to VP of Marketing & Ecommerce , managing a team of 10, and working closely with Global Marketing team in New York, the role is responsible for developing and executing campaign strategy to drive perception change of COACH from accessible luxury to expressive luxury, and to increase brand search volume, purchase intention and lead generation. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in brand marketing to... Key Functions Consumer Insights & Media Planning
Lead the team to plan and execute the most effective media plan to reach target consumers based on consumer insights and journey.
Cocreate and participate in global campaigns, be the voice to drive Japanese insights to global campaigns.
Partnering with media agency and global reporting to be accountable for the media effectiveness and metrics.
Using PDCA cycle to increase brand search volume, brand purchase intention and lead generation to online and retail stores Communications & PR
Lead the team to increase buzz and desirability of Coach brand among Gen Z and millennials with earned and organic media.
Ensure Coach is the preferred brand among fashion editors and young hot talents and influencers by partnering with media/fashion/editors and influencers.
Lead KOL/ celebrity strategy to cascade brand purpose to the target community. Coachtopia & Sustainability
Lead the team to drive brand awareness for the circular sub brand Coachtopia
Oversee brand management and planning to drive brand awareness, acquisition and retention programs.
Drive the team to be the leader of sustainability and circularity communications. Team Management
People first management style. Collaborative work style with open mindset
Embrace diversity, open communication and foster a spirit of teamwork and value cohesiveness and supportiveness.
Develop skillset and competencies of each team member by providing a learning and growth opportunity and career path. Education & Experience
The outstanding professional will have...
- At least 15years of work experience with significant first-hand exposure to retail and marketing in Japan
- Experienced in brand management - track record in change brand perception flow and activation
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
- Deep insights on Japan luxury and retail markets and industry landscape and consumer insights
- Experience in managing teams to execute integrated marketing campaigns in a luxury or beauty company in Japan
- Proven strategic vision, the ability to see the big picture and think strategically. Experience developing and writing Marketing Strategic Plans is a must
- Strong analytical skills: understand and summarize business implications of numbers, industry reports and customer insights
- Strong knowledge of Japan media landscape: digital & traditional and proven track record to plan, manage and review media metrics
- Experience in earned media activities in fashion & beauty industry
- Problem solving skills: identify problems, decompose problems and structure solutions to solve problems
- Strong cross-functional knowledge, and proven track record in working across departments and regions ( including working with Global team )
- Understanding of Japan ecommerce business
- Bachelors Degree with study / workabroad experience
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Strategic thinking skills
- Natural collaborative spirit
- Curiosity, and a passion to learn and to make an impact
- The ability to combine logical and creative thinking to optimize company resources
- The ability to be highly proactive and creative in nature
- Agility and flexibility to be highly result-oriented
- The willingness of take true ownership of his/her job and take pride in doing what he or she does
- A vested interest in fashion and beauty
- Lived in US ( preferred) for an extended period, and thrives working in both cultures
- Open minded and enjoy working with diverse personalities and cultures
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment which demands quick thinking and strong attention to detail.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.