The Director of Raw Materials will be responsible for leading and supporting the development and execution of raw materials to meet cost, quality and aesthetic for Calvin Klein Apparel globally and focus on developing efficient, scalable processes to achieve operational excellence while meeting Sustainable and traceable global goals.
- The Director of Raw Materials is responsible to lead a team that manages the overall process of developing and innovating new and seasonal fabrics that meet designer's aesthetic vision while balancing quality, cost and speed through a strong sustainable lens.
- They will collaboratively develop and maintain a fabric supply chain that drives and supports the overarching strategic vision.
- Leads and supports collaborative internal cross functional teams and vendor/mill relationships to drive for future opportunities.
Director of Raw Material's primary focus is to globally lead a team to source fabrics to adhere and execute to our cost, quality and aesthetic within our supply chain model and timelines.
- Drive and manage seasonal raw material portfolios and strategic developments, which support seasonal brand direction and aesthetic.
- Lead team to ensure optimal raw material supply chain is aligned to overarching strategic goals and business needs
- Drive escalation process with root cause analysis and resolution management
- Establish supply chain strategies in support of business needs
- Partner with external supply chain partners to drive results through collaboration and shared strategic goals
- Manage cost and speed optimization
- Drive positive KPI's and Operational Excellence
- Guide and support suppliers on brand's sustainable initiatives .
- Monitor and respond to global macro trends to optimize costs
- Drive process improvements
- Analyze data and use strategically
- Develop, coach and lead team
- Drive process improvement
- Create strong relationships with the vendor and supplier matrix while maintaining clear knowledge of all their strengths, capabilities, specialties, and innovations.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of operational excellence
- Decision making on cost, quality based on brand goals
- Ability to drive and influence internal and external resources / partners
- Create positive intent and encourage positive outlook during times of change and uncertainty
- An environment of changing priorities an deadlines
- Able to seamlessly work globally: internal and external
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing trends of business and/or ad hoc projects
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE Education & Experience:
- Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred with a minimum of 15 years of experience in the apparel industry.
- Advanced development and technical fabric knowledge
- Works independently and collaboratively
- Microsoft office/PLM/3D technologies
- Team management and leadership skills
- Financial and negotiating skills
- Strong understanding of mill/ vendor and COO competencies
- Data Analytics
- Project Management
- Actively seek continues improvement and a solution orientated mindset