We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
Reports to Senior Manager, Production Operations
The Manager, Production Operations is responsible for all aspects of SPs' Quality, Fitting, Cutting Die, Wear test, Top of Line (TOL) samples Manufacturing, and CSR performance of Assigned Service Provider/s, supporting Tapestry Strategies and the Operations Mission Statement. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in production operations to...
- Be accountable for all Production Operations related activities within the assigned SPs (Factories).
- Be accountable for the proper and timely communications to the appropriate parties of any Quality, Production, and CSR issues and accountable for the implementation of Tapestry mandated corrective actions.
- Lead and manage the SPs to exceed expectations as a high-performance supplier.
- Ensure maximum effort is put toward preventative measures and early awareness of prospective quality issues, both in the conceptual and manufacturing process.
- Based on related KPIs, drive recommendations to improve the process, record keeping, and resulting actions in the SP's quality assurance systems.
- Work with SPs to ensure they have the most suitable structure and strength of staff across all areas of production operations including quality enforcement and assessment.
- Drive the resolution of all production-related issues and takes ownership of consistent execution and delivery, using Root Cause Analysis, Action plan and Sharing.
- Strategize on capacity / capability to support Tapestry business needs.
- Influence assigned SPs and drives implementation of lean manufacturing techniques to maximize productivity.
- Drive implementation of new and innovative ideas, methods, machinery improvements, materials, and techniques.
- Regular production walkthrough with Quality Manager and Service Provider team to screen: quality, compliance, design intent, best practice implementation.
- Work closely with Development team to understand the Design expectations and ensure they are followed in mass production.
- Work closely with Materials team to constantly drive for material improvement in quality and delivery.
- Communicate / Share Regionally Best Practice / Product changes to ensure product alignment, quality improvement being followed by all countries.
- Review Top of Line samples (TOL) and following the process before sending to NY, Production daily testing and Production Daily Fittings,
- Work closely with Commercialization team/ Technical team/ SCM team to make sure that everything Right At First Time (RAFT) and planned production properly with SPs,
The accomplished individual will possess...
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Degree holder with a minimum of 10 years working experience in footwear.
- With at least 3 years or above in managerial level gained from well-established companies.
- Strong in sourcing, and working closely with vendors in all levels, with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of technical production.
- A good team player and motivator with well-honed leadership skills.
- Down-to-earth approach that nurtures and empowers the team.
- Have the intellectual breadth and dexterity to think strategically and operationally in equal measure.
- Good data analysis skills, and strong communication in written & oral both English and preferably Mandarin (preferrable)
- Must have MS Excel function skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels from factory Floor to Board level.
- A pioneer in Change Management with the ability to transfer strategic policy into operational success.
- Innovative approach with the ability to implement innovative projects within SPs and roll them out globally.
- Understand and protect the integrity of the Brand ensuring SPs comply with Tapestry Operations Strategy.
- Have a continuous improvement mentality and drive this through the SPs.
- Preferablywork experience involvingIndustrial Engineering fieldor project management roles.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/