We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Sr. Specialist, Supply Chain assumes full responsibility for the flow of information through the SP, from raw materials and sample sign-off until shipment. The job holder works in close synergy with the Quality, and commercialization team. The job holder is responsible for application of the Tapestry SP Manufacturing strategy from a Supply chain perspective.
Report to: Sr. Manager, Supply Chain. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Supply Chain Management (SCM) to...
Order Processing and follow-up:
- Distributes the Purchase orders to the SPs, verify order details and get orders confirmed within the agreed timeline.
- Follow up with Service Providers and the Planning teams about order inquiry / placement, negotiation, order updates, specific customer requirements.
- Critical path follow up in a proactive manager to anticipate delays.
- Ensure data accuracy in ECV system
- Communication with Service Providers and Cross Functional Teams
Production follow-up and planning:
- Partners with SP to ensure accurate data in the POT.
- Follow up daily output, efficiency monitoring, and analysis and take appropriate actions.
- Change open capacity according to fill rate and future demand.
- Capacity optimization
- Monitors RM delivery status with the factory. Escalate issues to material team as required on an exceptional basis.
- Follow up production issue & FG quality call-out with internal/external parties and Service Providers.
- Communicates with NY Supply Operations teams about delivery issues.
- Liaises with Production Operations team and factory management to ensure that order scheduling corresponds per Coach Requirement.
Evaluating Commercialization Tracking Reports provided by Service Providers:
- Identifies long lead-time styles. Support the quality manager on the management of long lead time programs. Liaising with PD, SP & NY Ops. Agree on production lead time with SP and follow up of production.
- Monitor product approval timelines: fitting, extreme sizes, toolings, full sizes, confirmation samples...
- Responsible for Collateral packaging materials delivery communication with NY Ops and NY PD team as required.
- Supports NY market week team to ensure on time delivery of market week samples as required.
Logistics and shipment:
- Ensure shipment readiness: booking submissions, booking confirmation, ASNs submissions....
Reports and KPIs
- Prepare operational reports
- Follow up action items
Manage Tooling Investment:
An outstanding professional will have...
- Support in verification of tooling investments and inventory.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Diploma holder or above with minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in the merchandising field - preferably in Footwear, leather goods, or apparel.
- Strong logical thinking and good problem-solving
- Familiar with SAP system preferable
- Ability to work independently, attention to detail, and good communication & coordination
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must, familiar with Office 2010 operation system is a plus
- Strong communication skills, spoken & written in English.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/