We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title: Sr. Analyst, Retail Accounting Primary Purpose:
The Senior Analyst will provide accounting support for the Tapestry Shared Services Retail Accounting Department. This individual will be responsible for sales audit, preparation of various journal entries, as well as the completion of daily and period-end account reconciliations. The role of a Sr. Analyst in Retail Accounting is accountable for the following:
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Responsible for daily credit card and cash reconciliation processes for stores in North America. Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of financial transactions, investigate discrepancies, and maintain thorough records.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams - IT support, Store Operations, Loss Prevention - to ensure the proper functioning of all systems and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting up credit card merchant accounts for all new retail locations.
- Facilitate the loading and balancing of all credit card files in the automated reconciliation system, Reconnect. Review daily to identify and address any discrepancies and verify all bank files have loaded successfully.
- Address daily store issues through the sales audit tool and resolve any financial discrepancies or concerns.
- Responsible for month end close activities, preparing journal entries, account reconciliation and accruals in a timely manner. Prepare, analyze, and reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and investigate variances.
- Prepare all internal and external audit requests.
- Contribute to special projects and address ad-hoc requests as they arise.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Ability to problem solve and research, be highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player who works extremely well in a collaborative environment
- Attention to detail and delivery focused
- Strong analytical skills, willingness to understand transactional details and apply to the larger picture
- BS in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to multitask with strong organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, including knowledge of Excel
- Big 4 Experience or Public Accounting with Retail Experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent credential preferred
- SAP and ReconNet experience a plus.
Work Setup: Hybrid BASE PAY RANGE$60,000.00TO$85,000.00
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit
Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $65,000.00 TO $85,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit