About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Gap Inc.'s Global Sustainability team is part of the Supply Chain, Strategy, and Transformation team, which is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. Leading with our values is more important than ever - both in growing our billion-dollar lifestyle brands and fueling our commitment to doing the right thing for people, planet, and communities. We are guided by the belief that our business can and should be a force for good. That's why we grow purpose-led brands that shape people's way of life. The Global Sustainability team leads our work in how we ensure we have impact across our focus areas of empowering women, enabling opportunity, and enriching communities.
The Manager, Human Rights and Women's Empowerment will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring programs aimed at empowering women workers in our supply chain, upholding human and labor rights, and engaging stakeholders, including partnerships with multilateral institutions, NGOs, trade unions, suppliers, and others on an ongoing basis.
This role will require a detail-oriented approach, including familiarity with designing global programs, building operational models for implementation, and data collection and analysis to monitor progress. It also requires deep partnership with internal stakeholders, particularly with the Supplier Sustainability team, to ensure that our programs, practices, and partnerships deliver demonstrable value for workers, suppliers, Gap Inc., and stakeholders.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage implementation of capability building programs globally, including regularly reviewing the efficacy and impact of existing programs, assessing how programs strategically and operationally fit together, and helping lead the process to evolve and update existing programs and implementation methods based on learnings, insights, and impact evaluation results.
- Oversee and coordinate data aggregation and analysis from global supply chain programs to evaluate progress toward public and internal goals.
- Lead benchmarking of Gap Inc. programs against other industry approaches. Support the development of and participate in industry-leading collaborations to improve social and labor conditions.
- Develop risk-matrices and recommendation sets for key issues, such as evaluating countries for sourcing suitability based on social, labor, human rights, and gender dimensions.
- Work with Gap Inc.'s Global Sustainability Leadership Team on building and implementing both proactive and reactive partnerships with strategic labor, human rights, and gender stakeholders.
- Develop internal and external ESG governance and reporting; work collaboratively across brands and functions to track and monitor progress, drive program awareness, and communicate results.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- 4-6 years of public policy, labor or human rights, gender equity, or commensurate experience working in either public and private organizations. Master's in Public Policy or MBA preferred.
- Significant experience designing, building, and deploying human rights and labor programs, with associated operating and implementation models, as well as business models and governance frameworks to support them.
- Experience navigating complex engagements with a broad set of human rights and labor stakeholders, preferably with experience in the context of global supply chains
- Expert communicator and coalition-builder, with a passion for finding partnership opportunities with stakeholders that maintain divergent points of view.
- Able to work independently and in ambiguity, while delivering clarity and focus for business partners.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $112,100 - $148,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.