For the past 25 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.About the RoleWhat You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly, demonstrating active listening and focusing on team objectives
- Responsible for end-to-end the Sample Management- owning the organization, signage/labeling, and tracking of all samples for assigned categories, Archive samples, Competitor Samples, Color Boards, and LabDips
- Own prepping samples for milestone meetings: merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
- Ownership of Key Systems & product Tools by developing proficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail in multiple data bases and their downstream impact with the CFT and Vendors.
- Perform general administrative duties for merchandising team as needed
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
- Complete seasonal projects for merchandising team (ex: trend and competitor research)
- Assist in the development of the product assortment and develop a curiosity around Product Knowledge for assigned categories to help support team, with input and guidance from Assistant Merchants
- Strong understanding of the Product Pipeline
- Develop a thorough understanding of our customer and how our customer fits within the larger competitive market
- Develop basic financial acumen and understanding of Retail Math to understand In-Season/Pre-Season Reporting Tools
Benefits at Athleta
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- Impeccable attention to details regarding system applications.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice
- Highly adept at learning systems such as GA, Miro, Airtable, Prompt, TPX, PEM
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- 4 year degree preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $56,700 - $72,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.