Director, Internal Communications and Editorial StrategyLOCATION:
New York, NYPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Director of Internal Communications and Editorial Strategy is an experienced strategic communications leader responsible for internal and editorial communications, content and programs that align, inspire and engage global associates across PVH's vision, strategy and priorities. This key role will direct the development and execution of internal communications, story narratives and associate engagement programs that boost associate understanding, awareness and excitement of the company, while ensuring that PVH is telling a clear and consistent story across all key associate audiences. Reporting to the VP of Internal Communications, this role will be an important partner with PVH's executive, brand, regional and functional teams to shape culture and drive high performance. A successful candidate will play a critical role in helping the company build Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger into the most desirable lifestyle brands in the world and make PVH one of the highest performing brand groups in its sector.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with VP of Internal Communications and team to build and launch next generation internal communications strategies that push the boundaries of creativity and connect PVH associates to the company strategy to drive engagement, performance and measurable impact.
- Create compelling and engaging content to support our corporate narratives and inspire global associates around PVH's vision, strategy and priorities.
- Craft and execute an editorial strategy to cut through with associates across all channels - from PVH's intranet to live global events, in-office all hands and companywide campaigns. Take a journalistic approach to content creation and amplification.
- Partner with VP of Communications and cross-functional brand, regional and functional teams to amplify the voice of the associate to ensure clear and consistent storytelling across all associate touchpoints.
- Celebrate company culture and promote PVH values; Leverage communications to support an inclusive work environment.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization through excellent written and verbal communications skills; Translate complex challenges into simple and clear communications.
- Partner with senior leadership and relevant partners to plan and deliver timely and impactful internal communications and business unit-specific updates, including organizational announcements and strategic companywide initiatives.
- Leverage entrepreneurial mindset and data-driven approach to continuously test, iterate and evolve programming to achieve improved results over time.
- Manage ambiguous and challenging tasks.
- Take initiative and personal accountability to lead oneself, meet deadlines and deliverables.
- 7-10 years of writing, editorial and/or communications experience. A strong background in journalism is welcomed.
- Extensive experience with content creation in internal communications, organizational culture, and associate engagement.
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills, with ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into simple, clear, and effective communications. Impeccable verbal and communications and people skills.
- Strong knowledge of employee communications and culture-building strategies; Proven track record delivering effective internal communications programs that translate strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Strong knowledge of best-in-class internal communications practices and proficiency with next generation communications tools.
- Ability to articulate and represent the employee voice.
- Demonstrate a learning mindset, critical thinking skills and strong problem-solving capabilities; Sees the opportunity and possibility in challenges; Enjoys making the impossible possible.
- Comfort and confidence working alongside senior executives in fast-paced, high stakes situations; Proven ability to successfully influence, facilitate and partner with leaders in all levels.
- Ability to roll up one's sleeves and execute; Track record of producing excellent results.
- Hyper attention to detail; ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of social media and new media channels, and ability to integrate in a high-impact way to engage employees.
- Successful at relationship building and collaborating across a highly matrixed global environment; Willingness to work across different time zones to ensure strong alignment and seamless execution.
- Strong business acumen (experience in retail, apparel and/or consumer industries a plus) with proven ability to connect business goals and objectives with communications strategies for maximum impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours when necessary.
Pay Range: $150,000 - $173,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH