The VM Specialist, Window & VM production TH APAC
reports to the Director of VM & Windows and works closely with the Senior VM Manager, Windows & Production daily.
In this role they will manage the operational side of the Window process from production to execution monitoring. The role will have four main pillars to focus on: APAC window production, vendor management, sustainability and digitization.
This role works closely with the APAC markets, vendors and procurement. They will be the essential liaison between vendors and the APAC markets.
This role will also partner very closely with the procurement team on vendor selection & relations. Next to that, this role will also focus on driving and developing a tool to digitize the window orders internally (and externally).PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
_____________________________________________________________ INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:Internal:
- Ensure window module adaption in GBB (Good, Better, Best), consider market situations and advise SIS execution;
- Ensure smooth production lead, delivery and execution timing for all markets in alignment with marketing plan.
- Monitor local productions and quality standards
- Work with JV and Franchise partners on strategies and provide them with general direction / guidelines that help facilitate their work within all VM prop matters;
- Develop new processes to keep VM active and updated, and think outside the box while delivering consistent brand look within all VM prop executions;
- Work closely with internal department leaders on preparation and setting-up displays for promotional program, market launch and ad-hoc events.
- Support in contracting process for any VM vendor needs
External: _____________________________________________________________ KEY COMPETENCIES: CREATIVITY:
- Regional & local Visual Merchandising teams
- Global VM window creatives & VM production team
- Store Development Department
- Marketing/PR Department
- Procurement Department
- Legal department
Interest in trends, lifestyles and design. Support introduction of new ideas. Can work within the creative process effectively, and support bring ideas to realization.TEAMWORK:
Builds good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively works at long distances. ORGANIZING:
Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with Global team, local teams and third parties.COMMUNICATION:
Ability to convey information in a succinct and clear way Functional Competencies:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Good retail, brand and lifestyle expertise within the premium apparel segment
- Great trend and fashion awareness
- Strong material and production knowledge
- Contract creation and procurement understanding
- Proactive thinking / planning
- Enthusiastic attitude and be a "hands-on" self-starter
At least 5 years' experience in visual merchandising; proven experience in decorating, VM production or related fieldsEducation:
University graduate or equivalent in Visual Merchandising Design / Design / Graphic Design, Fashion Retail.Skills:
- Good communications and interpersonal skill
- Attention to details
- Good procurement skills
- Clear understanding on concept adaptations and revision
- Computer knowledge: Proficient in MS Office, proficient knowledge of Adobe design kits (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) or other graphic design software
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet schedule
- Good verbal and written communication in English and Chinese