We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Title: Tooling Engineer (Temp) Reports to: Director, Commercialization & Quality Primary Purpose
Working with cross-functional team for the technical issue, provide the support as needed. Well awareness of job responsibility and standardize the guideline for daily work to get the good efficiency. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Tooling to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Establishes an efficient tracking system on tooling and tooling related processes with factory and moldshops; ensures that tooling development complies with the established development and commercialization timelines.
- Evaluates tech packages, technical drawings etc to check that they have been correctly processed and include all necessary information. Evaluates gauges, molds etc to ensure that they meet specifications and quality standards.
- Establishes and manages a central filing system for all technical drawings and relevant graded patterns.
- Establishes mold and outsole detailed tech pack with relevant information
- Updates the mold manual; processes incoming information on latest industrial standards; ensures that these standards are evaluated and, if appropriate, adopted into working processes.
- Establishes standards for:
- mold technology
- the grading system
- quality check and correct tooling execution
- process-oriented procedures
- CAD/CAM and software application
- Initiates and participates in mold/ engineering tear-down meetings and establishes a reporting system for the findings.
- Must be familiar with policies regarding:
- tooling standards
- tooling costs
- materials and components
- lab test standards
- Ensures health and safety requirements are met and SOE rules are implemented.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 10 years or above experience in technical shoe development, technical engineering/mold making area for sports and fashion shoes. High End Branded experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM processes and applications, handling related software.
- Strong business sense and analytical skills, and decision-making ability.
- Strong managerial ability, including directing and motivating others.
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Strategic thinking.
- Sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Team player able to work in partnership with different areas of the organization.
- Proficient in English
- Good presentation skill.
- Computer literacy.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/