Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home décor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA, Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their perfectly imperfect lifestyles.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Financial Analyst will support the business, playing a critical role in assisting the coordination and execution of business planning, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis across the Kate Spade brand North America business. This role will provide finance support to internal business partners, providing thoughtful analysis and insight into business trends. Essential duties and responsibilities include monthly close, budgeting, long range planning and forecasting, variance analysis and ad hoc analysis. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Finance to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Prepare and distribute weekly snapshots highlighting business results.
- Develop monthly financial forecasts that accurately predict channel performance.
- Analyze and interpret variances to prior forecast, budget, and prior year. Explain key variances, business trends, and performance drivers.
- Identify and communicate key risks and opportunities in the North America business.
- Support consolidation process for month-end close; Provide detailed analysis of Accounting for month-end accruals for proper expense recognition.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis support; Compile backup documentation and detailed bridges to help influence decision making and inform leadership of underlying trends.
- Prepare and distribute month end reporting to key business partners.
- Establish strong partnerships across the business and provide analytical support to drive business initiatives and achieve financial targets.
- Coordinate monthly expense reviews with business partners.
- Articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner; ensure to accurately present findings and answer any questions.
- Aid with ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain business partner relationships at all levels within the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, eagerness to learn and a desire to be a team player
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or related field
- 1+ years of Finance or related experience
- Proficient skills in data manipulation, development of forecasting models, financial analysis, and communication (both written and oral)
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Working knowledge of Microstrategy, PBCS and SAP a plus
- P&L Budgeting / Forecasting / Analysis experience preferred
- Consumer Products / Retail experience a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-HYBRID Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
Work Set up: Hybrid BASE PAY RANGE $65,000.00 TO $80,000.00
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit