Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Experienced and passionate sustainability professional to manage identification, evaluation and tracking of Ralph Lauren's use of sustainable materials and packaging, and associated impacts, to inform Ralph Lauren's transparency and traceability (TNT) strategies and other product and packaging sustainability initiatives and goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Product Analysis: Engage cross-functional teams to integrate product and material impact data and analysis into relevant reporting, disclosure, and regulatory workstreams
• Support collection, analysis and management of data on product and material impact and packaging across environmental issue areas to close identified data gaps for regulatory compliance readiness and support achievement of TNT strategies and objectives
• Provide subject matter expertise and project management to support life cycle assessment (LCA) workstreams
• Evaluate new sustainable material and packaging certifications, standards, and programs to inform decision making on integration into RL product, packaging and sustainable materials strategy
• Conduct environmental impact review of new product technologies and innovations to inform recommendations to Innovation and R&D teams
• Engage cross-functionally to support teams engaged in uptake of sustainable wood materials for RL store interiors to enable achievement of public facing goal on wood substrates
• Sustainable Packaging: Work with stakeholders throughout the business to identify, evaluate, and adopt more sustainable packaging materials
• Manage collection, tracking, and analysis of packaging sustainability data to inform annual reporting on progress and ongoing strategy, and support continuous improvement in packaging sustainability data granularity and quality
• Provide subject matter expertise on adopting sustainable packaging options for apparel, retail, and logistics
• External Partnerships: Support engagement in relevant external stakeholder groups, such as Canopy, Responsible Luxury Initiative, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, etc.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
•Experience in corporate sustainability setting
•Bachelor's or advanced degree; preferred in environmental science, engineering, sustainable development, and/or materials management
•Solid understanding of and passion for environmental sustainability issues and impact measurement, with preference for experience with life-cycle assessment and/or sustainable packaging
•Accustomed to working in a global, diverse, and dynamic cross-functional environment with strong collaboration and communication/presentation skills
•Advanced Excel experience