Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Title: Head of Marketing, Coach Korea Location: Seoul, Korea Date: January 2024 Key Responsibilities:
The successful individual will have a significant impact on rebuilding the Coach brand in Korea, driving brand transformation through brand initiatives and campaigns. This involves developing strong relationships and partnerships internally (collaborating with retail and other functional teams), and externally (with media, PR and other marketing agencies) and will need to foster close partnership with global marketing counterparts in New York.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing 360-degree marketing activation plan, encompassing marketing, PR, digital and retail marketing. This role will also work towards establishing Coach as the foremost brand of "Expressive Luxury" in Korea, aiming to truly transform the brand's perception and positioning in the country. Key missions include :
- Lead efforts to establish brand desirability by leveraging the synergy of cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead, execute, review and modify all aspects of 360-degree marketing, including PR, media, digital and retail marketing.
- Cascade global agenda and strategy tailored to local environment.
- Strengthen brand awareness among KOL (celeb, influencer, stylist, etc.) & digital media, and foster new exposures on up-and-rising digital platforms.
- Press and Influencer relationship: Maintain good relationship and partnership with fashion press and key fashion influencers for continuous PR and brand exposure. This includes the global celebrity management in partnership with the global marketing team.
- Collaborate with Retail & e-Commerce on acquiring new customers, increase loyalty and implementing an omni-channel clienteling strategy.
- Analyze and design customer journey to increase the number of customer and loyalty.
- Identify new business opportunities from market and customer insights and leverage them for successful commercial action.
- Agency management: Design the optimal structure of agency partners and manage financial operations, review and audit of contract terms. Ensure agencies provide quality service.
- Media negotiations: Establish buying objectives and drive optimal negotiations in accordance with headquarters' guidelines.
- Work closely with internal teams to be accountable for the achievement of marketing effectiveness measures to assess ROI on initiatives employed.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff. (4 perm staffs)
- Create an excellent workplace culture that genuinely reflects Coach's values. Empower staff to take responsibility for their roles and goals.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork to appreciate cohesiveness, supportiveness, and effectiveness.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- A bachelor's degree wit h a minimum of 13 years' Marketing and communications experience with fashion, cosmetic, FMCG, automotive, hotel, and so on.
- Highly engaged in consumer / retail industry (ideally fashion, but not mandatory) and continually up-to-date in terms of news and happenings in the industry to drive ideas for Coach.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional partners internally and externally.
- Proven experience in developing comprehensive strategy for global brands.
- Ability to analyze data, find opportunities, plan initiatives with strategic mind and skill-set
- Highly organized, with an ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven commitment to getting projects completed on time.
- Strong leadership skills and a high degree of initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Korean.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.