About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The lead HR Business Leader (HRBL) will be responsible for the development and delivery of talent strategies to drive business outcomes for a wide range of Company Functions for Gap Inc.
The business areas represented in this role include Strategy, Corporate Planning, Loyalty, B2B & International Commerce, Procurement, and Real Estate & Facilities. This role will be the primary HR business partner to the Chief Business & Strategy Officer. This C suite leader is responsible for the development of our corporate strategy and the critical business levers that will enable us to execute it with excellence. The organizational and talent needs in these areas are instrumental to our long-term business strategies and talent agenda. Additionally, there are business objectives that scale across Functions and Brands that require talent practice integration and coordination.
This position serves an integral role in aligning and executing talent solutions across functions, as well as meeting function specific talent and organization needs. This role builds and manages a team of HRBPs for these business functions, directly accountable for delivering many aspects of the company's transformation initiatives and long-term strategies. This role reports into the Head of HR for Company Functions, and will participate on multiple leadership teams. This role has a high level of accountability and requires collaboration across the People & Culture (HR) function to deliver results for the business, in an inherently end-to-end and matrixed operating model.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop and lead the implementation of the talent strategy for a wide range of Company Functions for Gap Inc.
- Build and develop a highly skilled and specialized team of HR professionals to support the needs of these business areas, with a multi-year horizon of growth.
- Assess and drive key talent development, retention planning, and succession planning process that supports the needs of the business in partnership with Talent Management, enabling a leveraged HR operating model.
- Manage the employee value proposition for employees in multiple business areas through all facets of the employee lifecycle. Drive talent practices that motivate and engage the workforce and aligns with Gap Inc. philosophy and multi-function business goals.
- Ensure all talent practices are focused on creating an inclusive work environment and collaborate with Equality & Belonging (E&B) partners to deliver on E&B commitments.
- Support and guide the business Leadership Team on people and organizational issues collectively, directly, and through matrix management throughout the organization, fostering collaboration.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, on-boarding, coaching, employee relations, talent assessment, employee culture and engagement, etc.
- Continue to review and refine roles and responsibilities of functions and cross-functions to ensure the optimal organizational structure to support business growth and collaboration as appropriate.
- Champion and personally demonstrate Gap Inc. culture, values and ethics.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); excellent communicator; good listening skills; skilled problem solver and negotiator; hands-on practitioner and strategic thinker.
- Comfortable driving change initiatives and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity - strong OD/OE skillset.
- Proven strategic mindset balanced with strong operational and implementation expertise; drive for results and desire to win.
- Proven ability to assess talent (internal and external) and experience with workforce planning. Track record as a talent builder.
- Ability to influence up, down, and across multiple functions/areas in a matrixed organization. Build, lead, and motivate teams and partners remotely as a team-oriented leader and player. Resolves conflict in a direct manner that maintains good relationships.
- Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches, and points of view. Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work).
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $255,300 - $351,100 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.