About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will support the overall Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. The Franchise Receivables team is seeking an Analyst to support operational, finance and accounting activities for the Global Franchise business. This is a role that collaborates with internal and external business partners across all levels of the organization. In this role the Analyst will be responsible for ensuring all Franchise activity is accurately and completely stated and will provide support and coordination to the Franchise Operations and Franchise Finance teams.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope
- Post transactions and receipts to the AR subledger
- Prepare customer statements, invoices, and credits as required
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide reporting and analysis for customer accounts, ad hoc requests & special projects
- Support the development and implementation of new processes and process improvements as needed
- Prepare journal entries and support monthly close process
- Identify and research variances between AR subledger and GL balances
- The role is dynamic in nature and will require learning agility to support new processes and tasks as needed, as well as inter-team cross training
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and motivation
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Committed to continuous growth and learning
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles including natural balances and financial statements
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (Ability to use core functions for analysis and data aggregation)
- Basic knowledge of MS Access including managing tables and queries
- Accounting mainframe systems and/or software experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer service and problem resolution skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.