Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title: Manager, Product Development and Production - Sweaters/Ready-to-Wear Primary Purpose:
Severing as a key cross-functional partner to Design, Merchandising, Materials, and Technical Teams, this role manages the development process from initial design concept to commercialization. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Ready-to-Wear Product Development and Production to... Product Development
Development BOMs + DCs
- Manage the day-to-day activities for product development, monitoring all seasonal product tracking reports managed by the product development coordinator, focusing on accuracy and up-to date information is accessible at any time.
- Manage all aspects of development allocated outside our vendor base while engaging Design to ensure aesthetic intent
- Review DCs issued by design to ensure all required information is included a
- Review LO BOMs created by product development coordinator for accuracy prior to development launch
- Manage and publish seasonal development calendars to all vendors
- Manage product development calendar, by monitoring upcoming deadlines and work with cross functional partners to ensure timely approval to avoid material liabilities and productions issues
- Review current seasonal development spend against budget
- Manage and track actualized invoices and forecast spend and manage P1 product costing report with all style information
- Ensure all product costing reports are updated with current information through the development process
- Review all costing with Senior Manager and work through comments with each vendor
- Manage product sampling and review schedule, with focus on design intent, updates, standards, execution and overall consistency of information
- Parter with RMS teams to initiate RMS set up and initiate new RMS set up
- Monitor raw material spend against budget and track actualized invoices and forecast spend
- Manage the day-to-day activities for production, partner with Supply Operations for plan drop and confirmation vendor / SP allocation and review MOQs
- Manage and monitor all production WIPs and review production BOMs for accuracy and review & approval bulk submissions
- Finalize product costing for bulk production with accurate duty/freight information
Monitor upcoming shipment dates and to ensure all PO cost are finalized in internal PLM system Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-HYBRID #LI-AD1 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $80,000.00 TO $90,000.00
Work Structure: Hybrid
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit