This role is responsible for leading the vendor maintenance and payment processes for all U.S. and Canada entities, as well as for management of U.S and Canada Corporate, P-Card, and Travel and Entertainment expense compliance processes. Also responsible for development of departmental goals and strategies, and coordination with other business units, including Treasury, Procurement and Supply Management, in the development of integrated procure-to-pay processes. The Manager - Accounts Payable also provides Subject Matter Expertise related to process improvement and system implementation efforts affecting Accounts Payable processes, and is responsible for vendor management and payment process standards (e.g., vendor set-up, payment terms) globally. This role leads a team of 10-12 Accounts Payable professionals, and leads the development and performance management of this staff.
- Departmental Operations: Development of departmental goals and objectives aligned with Company and Finance strategic objectives. Ensures integrity of financial data and internal controls, including monthly and year-end financial close and reconciliation processes, internal control, and management reporting. Responsible for development, implementation, and monitoring of KPIs.
- Process Improvement Initiatives: Coordinates with other organizations, including Treasury, Procurement, and Supply Management, in the development of integrated procure-to-pay processes.
- Participate in payments related activities/projects, including design and user testing and validation of system changes, ensuring appropriate support for business transformation initiatives and problem resolution fixes.
- Employee Development: Continually evaluate staffing needs, including skill sets and resource requirements. Link staff development objectives to Company, Finance, and Departmental strategies and plans. Be responsible for the establishment of goals for skill development for each individual, build opportunities for skill development, and supervise progress against goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance
- 8+ years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Experience in Accounts Payable and procurement operations
- 4+ years of demonstrated managerial experience leading teams including development of staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships at various staff and management levels and across various functions
- Ability to multi-task within time-sensitive constraints
- Experience with procure to pay processes
- JD Edwards financial software knowledge
- CPA or MBA Preferred