As On's Global Head of Product Creation & Operations, you are responsible for leading our Product Creation (Materials, Engineering, Development, Testing) and Product Operations teams.
You are a visionary product and people leader. You are excited for On's product and technology potential, and you can inspire a diverse team of creative, strategic, technical and operational talents to innovate, collaborate and realize that potential.
You have a solid understanding of P&L and bring expertise in operational excellence in R&D, and you do not settle for "industry standard" or "best practice": you strive for innovation and next-level excellence, be it product engineering, manufacturing automation, product integrity and compliance, digital transformation, sustainability in products, or operational efficiency.
In your role you will partner closely with Innovation, Design, Product Strategy, Sustainability, Sourcing, and Finance teams. You will report directly to On's COO.
- Lead all R&D Operation and Product Creation teams, across product categories and verticals and represent the functions towards product board and management board at On
- Collaborate closely with Innovation, Product Strategy, Design, Sustainability and Sourcing teams, bring On's product engine to the next level, in terms of performance, sustainability, digitisation, and efficiency
- Nurture an extraordinary product creation and operations team, with a focus on team engagement and development, and foster a culture of innovation, collaboration and inclusivity
- As a key leader in On's extended leadership team, champion, safeguard and evolve On's unique culture, as we continue to grow and ignite more human spirits through movement
- 15+ years of global leadership experience in high performing product creation / R&D organization, in consumer products industries
- You're native to a complex reporting organization, sitting in different geographic locations and across different product functions and categories, and you are both strategic and pragmatic, at designing and evolving a growing organization with high complexity
- You are a strategic product leader, you are excited by On's technology and performance focus, and commitment to make a positive impact on the planet, through our products; and you want to push On's growth potential, by building a world-class product creation engine
- You are a sharp business leader, with strong business acumen and natural instinct on how to drive operational excellence in R&D
- You are a visionary people leader, your biggest passion is to inspire, coach, mentor and develop people and organizations
- You are a natural connector with excellent communications skills, you build strong and meaningful relationships with internal and external team members and stakeholders
- You have thorough understanding of product creation and manufacturing processes (especially in an OEM environment); deep insights on performance footwear, apparel and accessories preferred
- You genuinely feel for the planet, and are keen to make a difference in sustainable product creation, knowing how difficult it is
- You bring experience leading digital transformation, data governance and analytics
- Academic background in Business Administration or product creation related field
- This position is based in Zurich, Switzerland and our working language is English
Meet The Team
On's product creation and operations team is innovative, creative, down-to-earth and enthusiastic about athlete and consumer needs. Our team works closely together to convert ideas and designs into prototypes and exceptional, high quality performance products.
This team works closely with all R&D functions and beyond, and hosts expertise in materials, engineering, product development, quality and testing, R&D system and data, as well as R&D operations excellence.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.