We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Transportation Operations lead to join our team Global Inbound Transportation Team in Zurich. The Inbound Transportation team is primarily responsible for the timely and optimal delivery of products from suppliers to the warehouses globally. You will work with your team and other stakeholders to drive operational excellence in the performance and execution of global transportation activities in accordance with agreed SOP/SLA. You will drive and lead the initiatives with the goal to simplify and standardize processes, optimize cost whilst also being agile and flexible to support the business growth. You will create/seek out best practices and implement across regions.
- Proactively evaluate the performance and execution of the end-to-end global transportation activities (ex-factory to DCs) across different ship modes. Provide an executive summary with overall performance, issues, process development or re-engineering needed. Propose and agree on the way forward
- Manage 2nd level escalation in a proficient, efficient and effective manner. Involve various cross-functional stakeholders where necessary to drive resolution
- Ensure that process requirements and service deliverables are documented in Standard Operating Procedures and/or Service Level Agreements with respective stakeholders and ensure that the agreed processes and service are implemented and executed successfully in the day-to-day operations and within the scope of contractual agreements
- Standardize, align and constantly re-assess global transport requirements on logistics service providers, operational processes and connectivity / data processes
- Lead Monthly/Quarterly business reviews with Logistics Service Providers.
Lead Market Business reviews which include KPI reviews and continuous improvement topics
- Execute and implement projects and programs within Inbound Transport which improve quality, service and transport efficiencies
- Manage the change management approach for respective projects and programs. Ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented in the markets to achieve lasting benefits
- People Management: Manage a team of 5 direct reports, ensure appropriate leadership skills and continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency
- A degree in business, economics, logistics, supply chain, information systems, or operations. MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of work experience in global transport operations management ideally in an apparel/fashion global supply chain management or freight forwarding/carrier industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all modes of Transport ie. Airfreight, Seafreight, Truck, Courier etc. preferred
- Expertise in effectively managing Logistics Service providers
- Very good understanding, knowledge and experience in transport logistics processes and supply chain management
- Extended experience in successfully managing teams in a diverse global multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- English fluent; multilingual abilities in other languages is an advantage
Meet The Team
The Inbound Transportation Team works closely to strive for excellence in everything we do, to ensure that products from our suppliers to the warehouses globally are delivered in a timely and optimal manner. We are data-driven but are also action-oriented and are able to multi-task. We establish and follow processes, but are also continuously challenging the status quo and industry standards.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.