We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Transportation Operations specialist to join our team Global Inbound Transportation Team in Zurich. The Inbound Transportation team is primarily responsible for the timely and optimal delivery of products from suppliers to warehouses globally. For your assigned market, you will proactively ensure the performance and timely execution of the global transportation activities in accordance with agreed SOPs and SLAs. You will understand the transportation requirements for your assigned market and translate those into service deliverable and system/data requirements to relevant internal/ and external teams/stakeholders. You will contribute to the development and management of new tools, processes, projects and SOPs in order to maintain/improve service levels, reduce costs, reduce complexity and to deliver a high level of responsiveness and flexibility.
- Proactively take the lead to ensure that the performance and execution of the end-to-end global transportation activities (ex-factory to DCs) across different ship modes are in accordance with defined SOP and SLAs
- Ensure timely delivery of launch critical shipments
- Work with the various stakeholders (Logistics Service Providers, Production Planning, Regional Operations, Supply Planning, Customs and Finance) to resolve any issue that arises. Establish regular cadence to review key performance, SOP and SLA
- Actively participate in Quarterly/Monthly Business Review with LSPs based on aligned KPIs. Follow up on agreed actions
- Contribute to the development and management of processes and SOPs in order to maintain/improve service levels, reduce costs, reduce complexity and to deliver a high level of responsiveness and flexibility
- Standardize, align and constantly re-assess global transport requirements on logistics service providers, operational processes and connectivity / data processes to support business growth
- Continuously connect with key stakeholders in the markets on global processes and policies. Develop and implement potential continuous improvements activities
- Contribute to the implementation of new transportation solutions and tender allocation
- A degree in business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations
- 5+ years of work experience in global transport operations ideally in an apparel/fashion global supply chain management or freight forwarding/carrier industry. Additional supply chain experience in other areas such as, procurement, sourcing, supply planning, and warehousing is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all modes of Transport ie. Airfreight, Seafreight, Truck, Courier etc
- Expertise in effectively managing Logistics Service providers
- Passion to work with an international team and strong cross-cultural environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- English fluent; multi-lingual abilities in other languages is an advantage
- Ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under very limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines
Meet The Team
The Inbound Transportation Team works closely to strive for excellence in everything we do, to ensure that products from our suppliers to the warehouses globally are delivered in a timely and optimal manner. We are data-driven but are also action-oriented and are able to multi-task. We establish and follow processes, but are also continuously challenging the status quo and industry standards.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.