Paris Georgia is a womenswear label based in London and Auckland, New Zealand. Internationally recognized for its unique designs and conscious point of view, Paris Georgia is stocked with the likes of - Browns Fashion, Ssense, Harvey Nichols and Elyse Walker. Founded by Paris Mitchell Temple and Georgia Cherrie, eight years ago, the brand is young with exciting growth potential.
The position as a designer working for Paris Georgia, you will be part of a design team creating and executing seasonal collections for outerwear. It's an area Paris Georgia is looking to develop with a professional who knows this area well. You will be across full collections to ensure synergy across categories with an emphasis on denim, leather, fur and wool. You will work closely with Paris & Georgia alongside their design assistant and product manager. You will be involved during the entire design and development process, from 1st protos through to the salesman samples.
- Sourcing manufacturers and managing communication between the sampling team and factories throughout development process.
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Paris Georgia strategy
- Translating outerwear design trends into a commercial collection together with the design team
- Making sure that the Paris Georgia D.N.A. is seen in each garment Preparing all garment work sheets on illustrator for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to the vendors.
- Following up on selected fabrics each season with product developer Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings
- Developing and understanding of fabrics based on the Paris Georgia price range
- Presenting in product review milestone meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
- 4-5 years of experience in Design
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills
- Experience working with outerwear garments
- Understanding of 3D software
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of detail-orientated design process
- Experience in fitting garments/ technical understanding
- Experience working with merchandising team
- Good knowledge in garment construction
- Good understanding of materials - leather, fur, wool etc
- High taste level with commercial appeal
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- A team player who is flexible to work seamlessly with a big teams of specialists
- Someone with a true commercial sense and who can identify themselves with the brand
- An eye for detail Organized in using systems - excel and PLM Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality