Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Title: Design Associate - Women's Ready-to-Wear (Collection) Location: New York, NY Primary Purpose:
The Design Associate will work with the Women's RTW design team to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven and reflective of the creative vision. You'll be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
- Partner with design team to execute seasonal design concepts from conception to first prototype and production.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Assist in spec drawings and development packages.
- Organize presentation boards and assist in the preparation of meetings for senior design leads.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate seasonal concepts, palettes, and boards.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all Design Cards are completed accurately throughout the process, including all changes then delivered to Product Development in a timely manner; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation.
- Play active role in support leading up to seasonal fashion show/presentations.
- Assist in coordinating and management of samples.
An outstanding professional will have...
- A deep understanding of Coach aesthetic.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Must be flexible with the ability to balance shifting needs and deliverables.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 3-5 years of experience in Ready-to-Wear design
- Fashion/luxury brand experience, highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understanding of garment construction as it relates to technical drawings.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or email@example.com
Visit Coach at www.coach.com.BASE PAY RANGE $60,000.00 TO $75,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit