At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Lead a high-performing team to optimise manufacturing processes aligned with Burberry standards. Drive lean principles, strategic improvements, and data-driven decisions. Proactively identify and implement efficiency opportunities, fostering a culture of continuous excellence. Join us in shaping the culture of success!RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with production management to set ambitious targets for output, efficiency, capacity, and cost.
- Identify and address bottlenecks, prioritise opportunities, and lead problem-solving for smooth production flow and KPI achievement.
- Establish and maintain standards for line balance, machine layouts, and product development.
- Improve methods for quality, efficiency, line balance, workflow, and lead time.
- Drive improvement programs, including the implementation of 5S & Area Standards.
- Train support teams on continuous improvement and industrial engineering techniques.
- Lead industrialisation activities, ensuring smooth transitions for new styles.
- Define and control production efficiency data and reporting processes.
- Lead KPI dashboards, analyse trends, and drive quarterly improvement plans.
- Ensure accurate skill matrix and production information.
- Collaborate with the planning department for target setting and output scheduling.
- Drive the annual strategic process for value stream opportunities, capacity planning, and budget setting.
- Identify value-adding opportunities and drive teams to make sustained improvements.
- Self-motivated with strong prioritisation abilities.
- Proficient in data analysis to identify improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills for guiding teams through change projects.
- Lean advocate with expertise in tools like structured problem solving, VSM, SMED, 5S, Kanban, etc.
- Institute of Management Services Diploma in Management Services or BSc. in Industrial Engineering (desirable).
- Preferably experienced with AutoCAD.
- Six Sigma qualification is advantageous.
- 5+ years in clothing manufacturing or a related industry.
- 5+ years of experience in leading and fostering a sustained Continuous Improvement culture from the shop floor to the board.
- 3 years' experience in leading a team.
- Proven experience in training and coaching others to achieve sustained improvements.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Castleford || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || CASTLEFORD || n/a ||