We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Director, Corporate Strategy is a member of our Strategy & Insights team and is responsible for advancing and developing Tapestry's enterprise-level strategy. This person will also support brand strategy work, partnering closely with key leaders within the brand teams to develop strategic priorities. This role regularly interacts with Tapestry's Executive Committee and other senior leaders. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Strategy to support...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Tapestry strategic planning: Together with the Head of Strategy & Insights, drive the development of Tapestry's long-term strategic plan. Identify key emerging trends impacting our environment and strategic opportunities for Tapestry.
- Brand strategy development : Support the development and articulation of our brands' long-term strategies. Work closely with the brand strategy leads and brand leadership teams to identify strategic advantages and opportunities for growth. Prepare executive and board materials
- Business development, M&A and portfolio strategy: Help identify non-organic growth and expansion opportunities for Tapestry, including by supporting M&A screening, due diligence, and incubating new tools and capabilities to support the Tapestry platform
- Strategic projects and initiatives: Work with senior leaders across Tapestry functions to advance key strategic projects to accelerate growth on an ad-hoc basis
- Market intelligence and analytics: Develop and present quarterly market and competitor analyses; synthesize learnings across a broad set of sources, and highlight strategic implications for our business
An outstanding professional will have...
- Overall Experience: 10+ years of experience in a combination of corporate strategy, management consulting, and operating roles within the retail sector
- Multi-Industry Expertise: Experience within retail, apparel, DTC brands, or ecommerce preferred
- Strategy Execution: Experience in designing a multi-year corporate strategy for a large, global organization and in developing and executing strategic plans for business growth required
- Global Focus: Prior experience supporting a global business, with globally distributed teams, strongly preferred
- Education: An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- Vision: Inspired to challenge the status quo and to foster innovation
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to form strong relationships and collaborate across many different functions and BUs / geographies
- Organization: Ability to prioritize across many initiatives and oversee complex projects
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Critical Thinking: Skilled in data analytics with and hypothesis-led problem solving capabilities
- Consumer Mindset - seamlessly link market intelligence and consumer trends and preferences, ensuring our brand strategies reflect a consumer-centric approach
- Team Orientation: Experience in managing small teams and in motivating and influencing a large set of stakeholders across the organization
Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-KS1; #LI-HYBRID Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $180,000 TO $200,000 ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit Work Structure: