Payroll ManagerAt Deckers Brands we don’t just create shoes, we create lifestyles. We are about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to grow and to have an impact. We want all our people to be as successful as they can be, to reach their full potential.We want to positively impact the world, whether that be with our Be Good, Do Good community involvement, or through employing sustainable business practice and socially responsible operations. How we continue this journey is down to our 3,000 strong global team, across our five brands (UGG, Hoka, Teva, Sanuk and Koolabura by UGG). No matter where you are based within our team, we are committed to helping our people thrive. We will offer you a generous employee benefits package, as well as health, wellness, and career development support.COME AS YOU ARE
We believe that the company you build is defined by the company you keep. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We believe that open hearts and minds together can unleash the potential of a brilliant mix of people-in every corner of Deckers. We strive to create a workplace that values ALL people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Because the more perspectives we share, the better we can be. The Role:
Reporting to the Senior Payroll Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll. The Payroll Manager will audit and approve all EMEA payrolls, overseeing end-to-end payroll activities, legislation, and government initiatives for each country.
Additionally, they will ensure that EMEA payroll specialists effectively manage their own country’s payroll activities. On a monthly basis, the Payroll Manager will review payroll cycles for the entire EMEA region to identify areas for improvement and enhance accuracy. By implementing work planning computations, they will drive operational excellence and enhance team performance.
The perfect candidate should have previous experience in payroll management within the EMEA payroll department, and should also possess the personal qualities and experience detailed in the person specification.Your Impact:
Who You Are:
- You are responsible for initiating team meetings, supervising workload and assessing direct reports.
- You will also assist in developing team goals, improving processes, and ensuring payroll monetary standards are met across EMEA.
- Maintaining a balanced payroll account, whilst conducting audits to review the information, identify and rectify any irregularities, and generate journal entries. Ensuring that the accounts are kept up to date on a monthly basis and promptly address any errors before the month-end deadline.
- Collaborating with payroll partners to ensure that the output files adhere to Deckers’ requirements. If the files are not satisfactory, promptly escalating the matter to ensure timely resolution of any issues.
- Ensure compliance with audit requests, managing the data flow between payroll, GL and the internal and external auditors.
- You will also oversee the processing of Benefit in Kind across EMEA and maintain the Kronos system.
We would Love to Hear from People with:
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills by identifying potential issues before they arise and finding solutions.
- Shows a proactive approach by actively seeking out opportunities for improvement and taking initiative to implement changes.
- Pays close attention to detail, ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately and with precision.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset, always striving to provide exceptional service and exceed customer expectations.
- Willingness to help others and go above and beyond to assist colleagues and customers.
- Adapts well to changing needs and priorities, quickly adjusting plans to meet new challenges.
- Works well in a team environment, collaborating with colleagues to achieve shared goals.
- Leads by example, setting a high standard of performance and behavior for others to follow.
What We Will Give You:
- Extensive experience in a payroll multinational function, ideally within EMEA region
- Management experience within busy payroll function responsible for numerous payrolls within region
- Certified Payroll Professional (CIPP) certification is advantageous
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 27 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays & some time away from work - on top of generous holiday allowance, we can generally take advantage of half day Fridays providing our work is finished for the week.
- Extras, discounts, perks & volunteering opportunities - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras.
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development including Global Mentorship Programme
- Hybrid & Flexible Working Environment
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants embracing their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.