Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview
The Trade Area Marketing and Special Events Manager will lead Bloomingdale's Integrated Marketing campaigns and external partnerships to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and market share on a localized, Trade Area and Market level. This individual will be charged with understanding the customer base to prioritize resources in order to maximize opportunities. The Trade Area Marketing and Special Events Manager will play a critical role in representing the Bloomingdale's brand in a positive and professional way that enhances the company's reputation and promotes business objectives. Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies
- Supports retention of best customers through in-person and virtual events. Partners with Loyalty and Selling Effectiveness team on strategies to drive engagement and commerce through curated experiences in store and online.
- Communicates and executes all aspects of in-store event planning that supports the direction of the Central strategy around campaigns, partnerships and company initiatives. Tracks results and provides feedback to central partners. Manages budget.
- Enhances Central strategy by securing sponsorships, co-branding opportunities and/or community initiatives that build productive local relationships with the intent to build customer base and commerce.
- Pursues localized opportunities in alignment with Trade Area Vice-Presidents and General Managers to cultivate customers and build sales. This can include, but is not limited to Tourism, Conventions, Corporate or Studio Services. Provides oversight of programs and may include direct supervision of executives or staff dedicated to these functions.
- Supports local accelerated growth or "focus" businesses with event intensification that builds store animation and experience.
- Represents the organization at outside special events that support Central or local priorities and partnerships. Guides Trade Area Vice-Presidents and General Managers as to productive involvement in outside organizations and events.
- Point person for external communication locally and may be called upon to be spokesperson
Essential Physical Requirements
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply
- 5+ years related experience.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing.
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking.
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.