Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Assistant/Associate level handbag designer to assist the women's Collection and Men's Purple label handbag team in all aspects of the design process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist in market research, trend analysis, sketching designs, CADS and building comprehensive full scale specs/mock ups.
* Responsible for entire product design process including market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and function.
* Track samples and protos, prep boards for meetings,
* Follow up with overseas factories on a daily basis regarding tech packs, style updates, and new developments.
* Oversee product from concept right up to production and communicate any changes to the appropriate cross-functional partners
* Organize seasonal materials/binders/files
* Learn and use the Airtable system
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Knowledgeable about current luxury market trends
* Design experience within Handbags and/or Accessories preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Accessories Design preferred
* Able to work in the NYC office 5 days a week
* Strong Technical Skills-AI, Photoshop, XD, Hand sketching, construction knowledge
* Ability to create full scale technical specs utilizing CAD, hand sketching, and make physical mock ups
* Skills to multitask and manage competing calendar deadlines
* Ability to set a creative tone and to inspire ideas/new concepts
* Ability to conceptually visualize and build a line
* Experience communicating the development with factories
* Strong knowledge of handbag construction
* Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
* Design school training preferred
* Men's bag experience a plus #LI-CE1