Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Own and manage the Production and Product Development of product categories Men's Polo Tailored Clothing and Polo / Purple Label Made to Measure from development through stock delivery. Ensure execution of the product strategy for the brand to create best overall value in terms of product, price, lead-time and quality. In Office: Required 3x a week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Partner with Design and Tech on all design approvals, comments, cost implications
* Ensure with Tech team that design execution meets Product Standards/RL requirements
* Drive the optimized lead-times and activities from development to in store
* Create calendar and maintain milestones with sourcing offices and vendors on lab dips, raw material sourcing and approvals to ensure production delivery deadlines are met. Communicate with vendors and suppliers to address development and resolve production issues
* Lead and monitor the approval process (proto, sales sample and all components) for on time arrival of all salesman samples to the showroom. Check in and review samples prior to design handoff
* Own and analyze all costing activities for the products managed
* Collaborate with Sourcing to secure seasonal capacity
* Ensure Merchandising Seasonal Strategies are delivered and reviewed with cross functional partners · Communicate and resolve potential issues that affect deadlines with cross functional team. · Drive process improvements and deliver on KPIs ( BOM completeness and Cost goal tracker)
* Utilize all RL systems to ensure proper reporting for operational excellence
* Own the Master BOM for low touch design styles in Polo Tailored Clothing
* Ensure maintenance of BOM for showroom samples (post-proto approval) through stock approval/OK to buy/production ready
* Management of VIP projects from inception to delivery)
* Manage Made to Measure WIP, ensure all bottlenecks are addressed for on time delivery
* Collaborate with Tech Team for Made To Measure approvals
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· Proven expertise and experience with production and product development · Ability to quickly identify and act on opportunities for the brand · A career demonstrating solid leadership skills and cross-functional influencing skills · Ability to successfully motivate, negotiate and influence effectively across departments & divisions · Strong communication and interpersonal skills. · High emotional intelligence and relationship building skills. · Highly collaborative with cross functional partners - design, tech, regional buying, sourcing offices · Exceptional people management and leadership skills. · Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint.