Job Family Group Description - Finance:
Gathers jobs supporting the business through financial services, such as business planning and performance analysis, risk management, tax and administration.
Job Family Description -Tax:
Consolidates at Group level all tax information and manages internally all tax matters. Secures the tax position for the Group and defends it during tax audits. Ensures the regulatory watch.Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking a UK Customs Specialist to join our team based in Haywards Heath. Your opportunity
As a Customs Specialist, you will play a crucial role in managing and overseeing all Customs procedures for the import and export of goods within the United Kingdom and Ireland. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure strict compliance with Customs regulations and documentation requirements. You will serve as the main point of contact with UK Customs brokers, fostering effective communication and timely clearance of shipments. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completion of all Customs documentation. You will liaise with the Customs Authorities, stay informed about any changes in Customs policies or procedures and ensure full compliancy. How you will contribute
You will report to both the UK Tax Manager as well as the Worldwide Customs and Trade Compliance Senior Manager, and be based in our office in Haywards Heath. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Who you are
- Be the primary point of contact for internal customers and actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business and service needs
- Liaise with the Customs authorities, staying informed about any changes in Customs policies or procedures.
- Optimize Customs processes, collaborating closely with the brands within our Group and the Worldwide Customs and Trade Compliance organization.
- Be the primary point of contact for the UK and Ireland Customs brokers.
- Manage compliance for imports & exports adhering to international policies, procedures, and legislation
- Review paperwork for shipments; including dispatch notes, commercial invoices, customs licenses, and other legal documents required to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Review and issue clearance instructions to clearance brokers and freight forwarders to ensure timely delivery
- Responsible for correctness of commodity tariffing
- Manage customs processes such as TA (Temporary Admission) , SR (Samples Relief), Carnet ATA and RGR (Return Goods Relief), while ensuring correct utilization of special regimes and payment of duties for incoming related products
- Review the monthly Bills of Discharge for customs special regimes
- Document and develop import & export processes
- Ensure full trade customs compliance as per federal, state, local and shipping requirements according to existing and new legislation in the UK
- Ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment by working closely with customer and internal stakeholders
- Adhere to process in line with the agreed execution and customer specific standards and monitor respective KPI's
- Counsel internal customers on tariffs, insurance, and quotas
- Support logistics process in response to customer orders and enquiries to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of products
- Act as focal point for internal customers and stores for any shipping related queries
- Liaise with finance to resolve invoice queries
- Carry out monthly management checks to ensure compliance to HMRC regulations
- Responsible for analyzing customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Raise work orders where required for import costs
Why work with us?
- Bachelors or master's degree in Logistics or Economics.
- Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft packages, PowerBi)
- SAP experience is desirable
- Ability to effectively manage multiple systems, projects, and priorities
- Self-driven personality with high analytical and conceptual thinking and excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, creative and the ability to work on own initiative
- Passionate about compliance
- In-depth knowledge of UK Customs laws and regulations, coupled with a strong analytical mindset and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn and interact with multiple stakeholders in a large global Supply Chain organization through various operational systems
- 3-5 years' work experience in UK customs compliance, import and export control
- Customs regimes (TA, RGR) utilization and management, HMRC audits and proven record of processes improvements initiatives
- Experience in clearance broker, transportation &/or freight forwarding is desirable
- Experience preferably gained from a global production, trade, and distribution organization
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.Job Type
Kering UK Services Ltd.