About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us. About the Role
In this role, you will manage technical inputs and recommendations in the areas of sewing, construction, fitting and grading. You will be responsible for training to expand vendor fit and construction capabilities in support of vendor fit empowerment. In addition, you will be responsible for fit and construction risk management, troubleshooting fit issues as needed throughout the development and approval process and partnering with the Product Quality Assurance team on production issue resolution as required. You will lead a team of technical designers and will be responsible for their development and maximizing their potential.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Drive fit & construction risk management including training & empowering vendors' fit technicians and managing & implementing fit related SOPs
- Troubleshooting vendor performance on Fit to conform with brand standards to uphold our Brand Power
- Partner with the Brand Tech design team & Quality Assurance team to implement best practices and to look for opportunities for continuous improvement in the areas of sewing and construction, fitting, pattern and grading
- Follow up on Distribution Centre/in market issues along with reporting and keeping track of ongoing initiatives
- Facilitate between Category management and Product Quality Assurance for communicating styles/programs of high risk
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus by Speaking with Candor
- Influence strategy for area/team
- Responsible for fit & construction risk management, plus training & empowering vendors fit technicians. Onboard, train and monitor vendor performance to conform with Corp/brand standard.
- Ensures that garment samples conform to corporate specificationsequirements by conducting fit & pattern evaluations, as defined by brand needs.
- Provide technical advice & guidance to merchants/ factories to ensure that samples meet defined standards including Digital Product samples.
- Deliver technical training on fit related knowledge for vendors.
- Maintenance and implementation adherence of Fit related SOPs.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Sound working knowledge of concepts and procedures specific to garment construction & pattern making and a basic understanding of the procedures in other relevant areas
- Proven success in managing a technical team in the areas of sewing, construction, fitting and grading
- Systems Knowledge: MS Office (PPT, Visio, etc.).
- Experience in 2D/3D pattern systems (CLO, Browzwear, etc.) is preferred
- Business Performance Improvement - proven track record of improvement based on fact based analysis or benchmarking
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Fit and Construction knowledge - Sound knowledge in garment construction, exposure in pattern making and subject matter expert well versed to understand and explain pattern corrections to vendor fit technicians.
- Degree - Bachelor's degree in textile, fashion or related discipline preferred.
- Problem Solver can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration - Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.