LuisaViaRoma is an industry leader & innovator that has its roots as a luxury retailer dating to the early 1900s. LuisaViaRoma has been a dominant player in the true luxury segment of multi-brand e-commerce since it started its digital program in 1999, serving upwards of 1 million users from more than 200 countries.
In April 2024, LuisaViaRoma will open its New York flagship at 1 Bond Street in New York City. This New York location will physically anchor the brand in the American market with statement retail while further opening the US digital audience through location-based brand awareness and trust. The New York store extends LVR’s history of innovation by embracing modern retail concepts while retaining elements of exclusivity & discretion for the elite clientele that it will service.
LuisaViaRoma is seeking an innovative Store Director to lead our luxury multi-brand flagship in New York.
The Store Director will be a key player in opening the store, including staffing and refining our opening strategy. Following the opening, you will drive business objectives; overseeing sales, merchandising, and sell through of our collection of luxury brands; and elevate the shopping experience to new heights. When you join us, you will lead a purpose-driven team on a growth journey to become the top fashion retailer in the industry.
Our culture is welcoming, international and inclusive — each employee is empowered to make a difference. We have one of the best teams in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding high performance.
We will hire you for this role because:
You are the ultimate ambassador of the LuisaViaRoma brand, with a strong understanding of the women's luxury market in New York. In this position, you are accountable for creating a productive environment where customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best, and the business thrives. This requires a constant balancing of priorities, with an authentic approach that encompasses strategic, operational & leadership excellence.
As the Store Director, your role will manage:
Sales floor operations:
- Develop strategies to attract an elite New York customer base and halo network, while incorporating insights from LuisaViaRoma's global expansion strategies
- Maintain high operational standards, optimize inventory management, and ensure an aesthetically appealing store layout in line with LuisaViaRoma's commitment to operational efficiency
- Foster a positive work culture, build and develop high-performing teams, and implement effective talent acquisition and retention strategies
- Leverage technology to enhance customer service and provide a seamless shopping experience, drawing from LuisaViaRoma's innovative tech integration
- Helping hire & ultimately managing floor staff, communicating clear goals and expectations that hold your employees accountable to high standards of excellence
- Ensuring a consistent staff presence on the sales floor, coaching the team on the selling ceremony, and ensuring that LVR client experience expectations are met
- Helping curate and manage a diverse and exclusive collection of luxury brands, staying attuned to fashion trends, and implementing effective merchandising strategies inspired by LuisaViaRoma’s company approach
- Prioritizing a client-centric approach, fostering strong client relationships, and delivering personalized service in line with LuisaViaRoma’s emphasis on superior customer experiences
- Working with the "VIC" Director and team, who are assigned to ensuring that our elite clients access additional levels of personalization and service, to host regular events and deliver an unparalleled experience
- Optimizing hospitality and store amenities to create unique experiences
- Leading the merchandising of the store as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in senior level luxury retail management
- Proven track record in sales generation, managing the achievement of sales goals
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proven ability to develop new opportunities and maintain client relationships while ensuring brand recognition and market penetration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Visio, PowerPoint, client tracking systems, and point of sales (POS) systems
- Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (On sales floor, operations, etc.)
- Authorization to work in the United States and to travel to Italy
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English (C2)
- Ability to communicate in Italian is a plus
Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer benefits to take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all aspects of your life.
We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You will have access to an employee discount, allowance benefits, and exclusive special offers.
Our company is committed to inclusivity and accessibility, and is an equal opportunity employer.