This is your opportunity to become a core part of On's Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team and take on the responsibility to lead On's new Flagship Store in Milan, Italy.
On will rely on you to help co-define the various store operation processes ahead of the opening. That includes supporting our Talent team in hiring a dream team of service-minded Sales Advisors who will - under your leadership - run the store on a daily basis.
Once the doors have opened, you will be in charge of the store's overall performance and delivering exceptional customer service every day. You will oversee all store related operations from inventory to IT systems to customer flows, as well as all internal team related responsibilities and external partnerships (e.g. community building).
- Continuously embrace and communicate On's values and brand philosophy in team and customer interactions
- Hire & Manage schedules for all store advisors, collaborate with our Talent team for talent administration & development (e.g. payroll, onboarding, career progression and recruiting)
- Establish and build external partnerships to boost community engagement
- Take responsibility and create business drivers for store performance and monitoring of relevant store KPIs
- Oversee inventory management and BoH (Back-of-House) processes for optimized stock levels and FoH (Front-of-House) operations for exceptional customer service
- Support piloting, innovation and implementation of new retail solutions
- Execute product strategy and work closely with our sales planning and retail marketing team for optimize sales funnel & visual merchandising
- Ad hoc duties as needed
- 6+ years of experience in a customer-focused setting including 2 years managerial responsibilities
- Operational retail experience in a sports, tech and / or fashion environment is a strong plus
- A collaborative team player with strong interpersonal, hospitality and communication skills
- Experience creating interactive and meaningful experience for your customers and team members
- An entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional organizational skills to proactively anticipate future store needs
- Ability to read, write and speak Italian and English fluently
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Experience using Data visualization tool ( such as Looker)
- As you will be working in a retail store environment the position involves constant spoken communication but also reaching, carrying, climbing stairs, and standing for consecutive hours. It will occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, and crouching. You may also occasionally lift material up to 25 pounds (11.3 kg).
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs.
Meet The Team
As you might expect from a young consumer brand, the DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) team at On is a fast-paced place to be. Together with your store team and leadership as well as the global DTC Retail team, you will help to revolutionize conventional retail business and deliver the WOW to our customers on a daily basis.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.