The Client Advisor/Fitter will be an ambassador of P Johnson and proactively seek opportunities to enhance and champion the experience of those that engage with the brand. Our advisors/fitters are the heart of our business and are responsible for the smooth operation of our showrooms. This individual will assist in the daily running of the NYC showroom including, but not limited to:
- Client outreach & communications
- Preparation of client kits/garments
- Showroom organization, styling, & merchandizing
- Preparation and monitoring of inbound & outbound shipments
- Client consultations including fabric selection, design/styling, & fitting
Each advisor/fitter receives extensive training in cloth, construction and fitting. Once completed, our advisors/fitters have the potential to run smaller showrooms and even travel on interstate and overseas trunk shows. We don't look for prior experience in clothing or fashion, but passion for hospitality, empathetic communication skills, and a hard-working instinct is an absolute must. Successful candidates:
- Possess strong intrapersonal skills – you are empathetic & patient, balancing active listening alongside attentive problem solving
- Serve as a natural host & value hospitality – from making coffee & cocktails to answering the phone, you are service-oriented. It’s less about speed and more about the pride you take in each interaction/task
- Maintain a curious outlook and eagerness to learn – you don’t need a background in clothing or fashion. Our team members come from diverse paths & skill sets, gaining expertise from real-time training and active practice
- Manage upward – you are proactive and leverage your instincts to build credibility, rapport, and trust with a range of personalities, balancing competing priorities and navigating the tension of contrasting opinions
- Enjoy a variety of interests, activities, & hobbies – we take our jobs and the service we provide seriously, but not ourselves. Whether its music, sports, or art we enjoy thoughtful and light-hearted conversation about which our team and our clients are passionate
While experience in clothing is certainly not necessary, passion is an absolute must. This isn't a run of the mill retail gig - we're looking for people who want a career in clothing. What we can provide is a commitment to ensuring role satisfaction and career development.
If you share our love of design, appreciate beautiful things and are excited about clothing, we'd love to hear from you. Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.