Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Store Operations Manager - Special Projects serves as a strategy creator, business driver and innovative solution-oriented leader within Retail Operations. This role supports and enables the field business model through operational initiatives that maximize productivity and improve the customer store experience, while providing the highest level of customer service to the field and home office. This role supporting both LFS (outlet) and RLS (full price) in the development and execution of projects, Plan to Win, Workstreams and presentations. This role provides strategic project management and drives communications in the development and execution of cross-functional strategies around Plan to Win, product, business process and consumer insight.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Works closely with the field team to develop and execute business opportunities
* Plays a critical role in the development, management and rollout of the Plan to Win and key quarterly document for the field including alignment of seasonal channel strategy, cross-functional collaboration on 360 seasonal holistic customer experience, integration of Playbook, Seasonal Readiness and Product Go-to-Market into consolidated presentation, and In season refresh and presentation of channel strategy (monthly)
* Directly manage presentations, projects, administrative tasks, communications and workstreams to drive results.
* Manages the Customer Voices program along with reporting and recommendations based on trends.
* Primary person to help resolve operational issues from the field.
* Manages approval process for Ariba invoices.
* Create, implement and maintain organizational systems that focus on the highest level of efficiency.
* Routine review of needed changes to operational daily processes. Assess need to update efficiency of daily activities and reporting.
* Primary support for Operations Meetings - scheduling, creating content, delivering a highly engaging meeting.
* Prepare and edit communications, presentations and other documents relating to Plan to Win, operational readiness and customer voices.
* Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents for Customer Voices.
* Special assignments as assigned to enable Stores / Store Operations overall functionality.
* Manage and execute new initiatives.
* Assess business risks and recommend, influence strategic and timely decisions that positively impact the business and align with divisional and company goals.
* Take complex and matrixed decisions and communicate them in a concise, easy to understand manner.
* Support field and store operations leaders in prioritizing cross-functional initiatives to meet business objectives, customer expectations and profitability standards.
* Participate in ad-hoc projects, tasks and initiatives.
* Identify business trends & consumer sentiment, provide analysis and make recommendations to leaders to increase brand equity, improve operational effectiveness and improve speed-to-action across the Retail leadership teams.
* Manage other projects as assigned to enable the customer and employee experience specifically Customer Voices.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent project management skills, including planning, execution and follow up skills
* Ability to develop and execute systems and processes to a store line audience
* Strong analytical, conceptual and technical skills; ability to understand systems and reporting
* Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities successfully
* Strong communication skills (listening, written, verbal, facilitation) and the ability to interact with all levels of management
* Excellent professional and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management
* Must display a high level of leadership, innovation and able to be solution oriented when approaching projects, tasks and deadlines
* Must have a strong sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and make effective well thought out decisions.
* Think strategically, conceptually and creatively - have a vision while maintaining flexibility and agility to evolving market climates and business objectives
* Possess knowledge of financial measurements & Key Productivity Indicators
* Proven ability to creative effective partnerships with both retail field and corporate partners
* Exceptional experience in building credibility across business partners
* Demonstrated interpersonal leadership skills, including peer leadership and upward management, preferably within a fast-paced, cross-functional collaborative environment
* Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, creative and time sensitive when faced with multiple demands and challenging deadlines
* Must be able to travel minimally once a month.
* Must be able to work various hours depending on project scope and needs