APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic Procurement Analyst with 2+ years of experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is eager to learn and has an incredible level of attention to detail. They will also possess strong communication skills and be comfortable working with critical data. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and collaborating with internal functional teams that maintain high levels of service with all vendor partners.
PRODUCTION PURCHASE ORDERS
- Analyze inventory levels, consumption trends and prepare buy recommendations that meet or exceed production requirements and optimize inventory.
- Create and maintain purchase orders, flagging and reconciling any discrepancies as they arise.
- Communicate updates that may affect business with enough time to mitigate impact.
- Manage orders with real-time system updates and documentation.
- Utilize systems (CRM/ERP) and tools to track component order status.
- Keep system item and vendor information accurate and up-to-date.
- Liaise with Finance in submitting vendor invoices for routing, ensure payment information is accurate and communicate status to vendor.
- In-depth knowledge of components, vendors, and department processes.
- Maintain a meticulous calendar of procurement activities and vendor communication.
- Manage all indirect supply purchasing relating to Factory needs.
- Assist with reporting and projects as needed.
- Work to improve business processes on an ongoing basis through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching best practices; make recommendations for process improvement as needed.
- Keen eye for detail with ability to efficiently organize data, draw valid conclusions, and identify risks.
- Ability to produce consistent and high-quality work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to support the general Manufacturing team with first-rate client service both internally (APPARATUS staff) and externally (APPARATUS vendor partners).
- Detail-oriented, organized and thoughtful.
- Solutions-based thinker with a positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure to deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback.
- A self-starter who is proactive about troubleshooting or seeking assistance with challenging situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Finance (Business Planning, Dynamic Forecasting concentration) or related field.
- 2+ years in a comparable role and business, specializing in high quality products.
- Demonstrated supplier relationship management and communication ability.
- Excellent data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Material Resource Planning (MRP), and/or Inventory Control systems.
- Experience operating with a consistently upbeat positive attitude in a highly collaborative environment with appropriate level of pace and urgency.
- Full-time, in-person studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 9:00AM–5:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly 1:1s.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position based in our Red Hook location. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship