Following the path traced by the founder Ermenegildo over 110 years ago, ZEGNA is now internationally recognized as a leading global luxury menswear brand. Established as a fabric maker in the mountains of Piedmont, ZEGNA is part of the Ermenegildo Zegna Group, which counts more than 6,000 employees. Managed by Gildo Zegna as Chairman and CEO, Ermenegildo Zegna Group designs, creates and distributes luxury ready-to-wear and accessories under both the ZEGNA and Thom Browne brands to over 500 stores. The Group also operates TOM FORD FASHION through a long-term license agreement with The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. to over 100 stores. As of 30th September 2023, ZEGNA has 403 stores of which 242 are directly operated. The brand remains committed to leveraging its rich heritage to build a better present and future. YOUR OPPORTUNITY
The Director Retail Operations
will be accountable for leading, coaching, engaging, and mentoring direct reports to grow team capability and build the talent pipelines to support the business needs, guide and inspire the store network to reach the highest level of customer experience with passion & innovation.
You will be responsible for leading all store locations operations and overseeing all operational aspects within each location. You will report to the Senior Director of Operations to ensure the team's processes, functions, and workflow prioritize creating an elevated shopping experience for clients while working to minimize inventory shrink and assets loss.
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following: HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Partner with HQ, Merchandising, Retail Management, and Logistics for the region to develop and implement operational standards and procedures that enable optimal performance and efficiency.
- Oversee the implementation of standardized operational processes across all stores within the region.
- Oversee security/loss prevention, tailor shop equipment, cleaning, food and beverage, packaging, and store systems.
- Gather and analyze data to identify the strengths and weaknesses of operations, develop solutions to address vulnerable areas, and create strategies to optimize the workflow and the performance of the store teams. Monitor best practices within markets and implement where applicable.
- Accountable for enforcing the company's policies and regulations and ensuring compliance in all stores within the region.
- Responsible for overseeing inventory counts and implement strategies to address issues.
- Act as Project Manager for all store system implementations: Proactively partner with the store teams and Retail Operations department to ensure consistent operational excellence is maintained and in line with Zegna's Store Excellence Audit standards and SOX compliancy.
- Implement store trainings on operations, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Partner with the store ops team to ensure an accurate and organized store inventory at all times - oversee periodic store cycle counts, scheduled inventories, and reconciliations.
- Oversee IT concerns, partner with IT dept to resolve and manage any ongoing issues.
- Partner with store planning and retail ops department to oversee store needs such as ongoing maintenance, ensuring concerns are addressed quickly and effectively.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in management; overseeing multiple locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to successfully lead people and processes, inspiring change within a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail with excellent organizational skillset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Team Player.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied retail systems (SAP, POS system a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- $135,000k-$140,000k based on years of experience, bonus eligible.