INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Provide legal advice and support to Senior Legal Manager and business executives on various matters related to their business, such as contracts, compliance, governance, risk management, litigation, and transactions for the assigned specific division, region, or Business.
- Understanding the business objectives and strategy of the employer, and communicate the legal risks and issues involved in any decision to the management
- Supporting Business Units to achieve its goals by finding creative and effective solutions to legal problems, and by implementing processes and tools to improve the efficiency and quality of the legal service.
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives and other staff members on a variety of legal topics (commercial and corporate.)
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defence strategies and specify internal governance policies
- Researching and evaluating different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Applying effective risk management techniques and offering proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities, etc.), creating relations of trust
- Drafting and solidifying agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Dealing with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Providing clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conducting your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintaining current knowledge of alterations in legislation
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in law and a juris doctor degree
- License or certification to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction
- Strong commercial and retail background
- A minimum of five years of external or in-house legal experience
- A working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations that affect the business of the employer
- Proficient in MS Office and other software tools that facilitate legal work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate legal issues and risks
- Ability to draft, review, and negotiate contracts and other legal documents
- Ability to provide accurate and timely legal advice and support to the management and other staff members
- Ability to find creative and effective solutions to legal problems and challenges
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and legal developments
- Ability to uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.