Whether you're looking to jump start your career or gain first hands-on experience in a new field, an internship at On offers you a unique growth experience, the chance to make an impact from day 1 and contribute to On's growth journey. We are looking for fresh ideas, curious minds and passionate individuals ready to make a difference. Our internships generally last 6 months and you will be fully embedded in a team.
- Start date: April 1st, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Prerequisite: Interest in area relevant to the internship, passion for On, right to work in EU / Switzerland
- Note: This is a paid internship
Gain hands-on experience and interesting insights into the sports and fashion industry through an internship within the fast-growing retail design team at On. In this internship you take charge of your own captivating project: building a global asset management tool from the ground up. This role will provide direct experience in the design and management of a global store fleet; to develop a solid foundation that fuels the expansion, and evolution of our stores. You are working cross-functionally with retail designers, architects, project managers, facility managers and external partners navigating the project in three key phases: dynamic design and integration of the tool, data gathering, and the application of the tool once the database is primed for action. Whilst working on your project, you are part of the exciting retail design and concept management world and participate in design and development processes to elevate your experience.
If you are hyper-organized, detail-oriented and have a passion for architecture and furniture as well as data management, we would love to receive your application!
- Establish a database template for tracking fixtures and managing assets across our global Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Retail fleet
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the fixture program in our existing retail stores to gather relevant information
- Lead cross-functional communication efforts on fixture specifications, materials, and quantities to fill the asset database with life
- Collaborate closely with the construction team, visual merchandising team, and fixture vendors to facilitate the adaptation, ordering, and production of custom fixture tools and hardware.
- Support the management of the global fixture catalogue and participate in design meetings around new developments, initiatives and stores
- Participate in the establishment of the global retail design playbook
- Student in the field of Architecture, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Business Administration, Data Management or other similar programs
- Fluency in English, any further language skills are a plus
Preferably knowledge in AutoCad, Rhino or a similar design software
- Experience with databases and management of architectural assets is an advantage
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings of architectural spaces and furniture
- Passion for structure, organization and commitment to maintaining high levels of data accuracy
- Excellent project management and communication skills with no hesitancy to actively approach internal and external project stakeholders
Meet The Team
We're the friend who shows you where to find city adventures, the run crew captain who won't let you slow into the finish, the trail runner who pushes you to the summit to soak up the sunrise. We sometimes sit at desks, but our inner-explorers mean we are constantly seeking fresh ways to connect and engage with communities. If you're bursting with original ideas, with the strategic mindset to back them up and the skills, and drive to see them realized, this is the team for you.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.