Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
As part of Ralph Lauren's FP&A team, the Senior FP&A Analyst will be responsible for financial support of EMEA projects for wholesale (including new stores, renovations, refits, relocations, and temporary stores) as well as ownership of key lines in the P&L associated with CAPEX. Reporting to the FP&A Manager, this role will also have accountability for commercial finance. The ideal candidate will be a proactive financial professional with the ability to manage and deliver priorities accurately, on-time, and with a high degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. This position requires good foundational knowledge of finance and accounting, demonstrated experience supporting financial planning activities, and successful partnerships with others throughout company. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to drive significant change, as well as build relationships across the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Perform analyses, performance reporting, presentations and make recommendations to business and finance partners.
* Responsible for CAPEX process which includes Budget, Forecast and Actuals - gather data from the business and manage end to end forecast throughout the year.Submit the CAPEX Forecast to US Corporate to ensure timing and availability of resources.
* Manage the CAPEX approval process in liaison with Project Managers and Commercial teams.
* Modelling of pro-forma P&Ls for projects. This includes scenario modelling, aligning with key stakeholders on inputs and summarizing the financial outputs.
* Provide accurate monthly depreciation forecasts.
* Successfully foster strong relationships with Project Managers, Fixed Assets and Commercial teams across all regions.
* Ad hoc analysis & recommendations on subjects/projects. COST TRACKING
* Responsible for the Budget, Forecast and Actuals of the store development operating expenses. - includes Storage, Refreshes & Maintenance, and Centralized Inventory.
* Lead the cost reconciliation process together with the Project Managers and Fixed Asset with the aim of keeping track of all costs related to projects.
* Prepare and submit quarterly forecasts to enable capital spend transparency.
* Strive to implement solutions for further efficiency. COMMERCIAL FINANCE
* Monitor Terms & Conditions and ensure that customers are building brand equity consistently with profitability growth objectives.
* Partner with business teams to align on inputs and key drivers for monthly close and forecast activities.
* Support month-end close process which includes journal prep, accruals, collecting supporting documentation, variance analysis, and reporting prep.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
* Problem solver and excellent interpersonal skills.
* Advanced MS Excel and database management skills.
* Experience with ERP tools (SAP) and reporting systems & cubes (BI, Hyperion Planning, Essbase).
* Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Strong financial culture including understanding of accounting and business concepts.
* A forward-thinking team player using excellent communication skills with the ability to work and influence people of seniority across the business.
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and decision-making capabilities. Qualifications:
* Accounting qualification a strong plus (CPA, ACCA, or equivalent).
* Initial experience in FP&A required ideally with retail / apparel experience.