INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Our Key Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with strategic regional accounts. This role involves driving sales growth and ensuring client satisfaction. The KAM works closely with cross-functional teams to execute strategies and monitor compliance. The KAM will report directly into the GM and be accountable for the region. Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Setup the yearly strategic plan and budgets of brands portfolio in coordination with Business Unit Leaders and align with the supplier.
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, retailers, pharma chains and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity etc.).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the local market and suppliers, handling all commercial matters.
- Recommend distribution mix for existing shops and new openings.
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in terms of sales targets, margin and profit and take corrective action when necessary.
- Approve Brand mix and oversee smooth implementation of opening, closing and renovation of counters and often get involved with the demand planning for the inbound orders.
- Collaborate closely with the Supply Chain team to coordinate the placement of orders for novelties, ensuring alignment between forecasts and sales budgets.
- Analyze and improve cost effectiveness; prepare ad-hoc review budget updates in collaboration with General Manager.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities; provide action plans and follow up on implementation with Marketing and management team.
- Analyze profitability of the store/brands & monitor market share and ranking.
- Review monthly reports on sales analysis, shopper insights, and prepare action plan accordingly with marketing team.
- Prepare and lead on the monthly commercial meetings and reports to be presented to the brands.
- Manage and animate a large portfolio of customers.
- Ensure perfect customer relationship management including perfect understanding of customer marketing needs, requirements, and objectives.
- Prepare promotion plans, adapted recommendations and price offers accordingly.
- Ensure campaign follow-up from brands brief, budget proposal to promotion execution, results analysis, and payment collection.
- Collaborate closely with the accounting team to manage customer receivables and conduct weekly follow-ups to track overdue payments.
- Continuously seek ways to raise levels of customer service (feedbacks, services improvement...).
- Analyze your client portfolio to identify leads and opportunities to meet and exceed your targets.
- Anticipate and prepare meetings with new and existing clients.
- Send proposals, negotiate, and close profitable deals.
- Follow up with the Regulatory team on product compliance and registration across territories.
- Helps in organizing promotional and educational group meetings, symposia and conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- 7-8 years of experience in the pharma skincare industry
- Experience in setting and managing budgets
- Business acumen and service excellence
- Must have previous experience as KAM within the dermo pharma environment
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to set clear sales strategies in order to drive results
- Ability to obtain visas and travel to the region (KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain)
- Arabic fluency is mandatory.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION Role Account Manager