We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
Independently manage order book flow from order entry to shipment fulfillment to achieve business's financial targets. Monitor and ensure product ships on time to our wholesale clients; proactively manage issues and communication to internal & external partners. Flawlessly executes all tasks to ensure profitability, productivity, and efficiency for the wholesale revenue cycle. Maintains SOX Compliance controls as it relates to auditing, approval, and revenue protection.
The Account Specialist is a liaison for the customer, Sales and Operations, Distribution, Finance, Production, and internal SOX Compliance team. The successful individual will leverage their proficiencies in Customer Service to... Customer Service Activities:
Order Management/Reporting/Analysis Activities:
- Provide accurate and timely customer service to internal and external customer contacts, through ownership of assigned accounts and demonstrated proficiency of the business model and interworking of the end to end supply chain.
- Act as a customer advocate between warehouse and the account. Be the point of contact for our customers - either resolving issues independently or through working with business functions to ensure clear understanding of the 'ask'.
- Proactively and clearly communicate issues pertaining to their account - both to the customer and to the relevant internal business partners.
- Partner with Account Executives / leadership to discuss and address business issues/risk to financial, as well as resolve specific service/allocation/logistical issues to address customers' needs
The outstanding professional will possess...
- Review and maintain orders through the order management system (SAP) from the time of receipt to the time of shipment which includes post market activities, ownership of order status, executing order book changes based on business/customer needs and monitoring shipment flow to mitigate any risk to revenue for the month/quarter. Ensure data integrity accuracy through post analysis by comparing source data against reporting.
- Independently analyze to ensure order integrity in product assortment, pricing, allocations and scheduled ship dates. Resolve any issues in partnership with Sales and the account, including negotiating extensions, pricing, B alance T o B ook and returns.
- Ensure orders are prepared in accordance to projected fill rate and delivery/shipping calendar; and ship on time. Work closely with shipping partners to resolve cancel date issues and routing response timeliness. Help minimize and prevent seepage that will negatively impact the S ales M argin I nventory for the current period/quarter.
- Provide post shipment support including: shipping documents, OSR's, POD's, RA's, and researching/validating/negotiating shortages, overages and other chargeback claims which impact account and company profitability
- Be a strong partner and S ubject M atter E xpert (SME) by monitoring picks for high visibility projects, product lines or special events by partnering with Operations. Proactively communicate order status information to customers and others as appropriate
- Uphold and adhere to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls as it relates to the company's narrative on revenue protection, approval, auditing, and claims processing.
- Partner with Sales & Operations to protect revenue by proactively reporting monthly risk/liabilities and engaging in decision making planning, including accessing if shipments need to be pulled forward to meet customers and business needs.
- Review account compliance guides to ensure alignment with customer requirements. Act as project manager and partner with other departments to identify and resolve any deviations to customer facing activities/processes. Minimize chargeback and loss to the business by researching and troubleshooting CBs on a timely basis.
- Develop & update S tandard O perating P rocedures; assess current business processes to identify areas of improvement
- Coordinate & lead in continuous improvement projects that help streamline processes and gain efficiencies in meeting S ervice L evel A greements
- Provide analysis on a weekly basis to enable business to have visibility of achieved shipped $ versus potential risks. Provide recommendation to the business and customer to ensure a win-win outcome.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Strong foundation of Order Management experience in a rapidly changing deadline driven Sales or Customer Service environment
- Strong analytical, detail-oriented, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish & maintain cross-functional multilevel relationships
- Ability to work on an individual level, as well as a team environment; develop & cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to recommend, initiate, and influence a sound decision across levels.
- Ability to self-manage and balance work load to adjust to competing and shifting priorities and get the job done by using critical & quick thinking.
- Proactively identify problems before issues occur, ability to provide correct course of action and/or creative solutions and understand the impact of those actions/solutions on the order fulfillment cycle
- Demonstrate ability to utilize multiple internal systems to extract, analyze and act upon business critical data; able to recognize opportunities to improve and streamline department process & procedures
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Knowledge of SAP S4 HANA is a plus
- Understanding of logistics & supply chain management is a plus
- 3-5 year experience in wholesale or retail industry is a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/