INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
What you'll be doing
is responsible for defining and driving the "offer" and purchasing strategy for different products categories and brands. The job holder is also responsible for defining the action plan for the categories, merchandising, promotional activities, prices and negotiations.
- Develop the business plan of the Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Define the offer strategy for the stores in the designated area in alignment with the brand's values
- Validate the strategy with the GM/Captain
- Negotiate annual commercial agreements and the commercialization of advertising spaces with the brands
- Drive the development of the margin and the budgetary objectives
- Category Performance Management:
- Benchmark current performance vs. the competition and the peer market
- Create different tools to improve the categories' performance
- Manage segmentation, seasonal activities, action plans for the stores; follow up on the results
- Manage the existing catalogue, optimising on the mix at the points of sale
- Identify the products with potential and research new products
- Develop a wide range of services (skincare - make up - lessons - etc.) to be adapted to each category
- Prepare the periodic category reviews
- Create partnerships with the brands and follow up on the results
- Handle the negotiations with existing and potential partners
- Optimal Strategy Implementation:
- Optimize the merchandising plan and the allocation of space vs. the volume of margin
- Develop new merchandising aids, tools, and new concepts
- Coordinate new openings (Brands/Merchandising/Promotions) or refitting of sales areas
- Register newly imported brands to the market, in compliance with the regulations of each country
- Pricing Policies of Brands and Categories:
- Benchmark current pricing vs. the competition and the peer market
- Recommend adjustments on the pricing policy to the GM/Captain
- Brands Promotions:
- Handle the production of the annual calendar for the brands promotions, launches, etc.
- Assess the requirements and coordinate with relevant internal/external stakeholders (Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Suppliers, Category Managers and Logistics)
- Negotiate with suppliers for the stock returns (discontinued and slow movers)
What you'll need to succeed
University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any relevant field
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with at least 1 year in a similar role
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION Role Category Manager