INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What You'll Be Doing
This role requires working collaboratively with the automation team and your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of programming languages and software development lifecycle with a real passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning.
- Develop, test and implement intuitive tools that meets and exceeds the requirements of the group
- Use agile engineering practices and various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client, customer and employee experience
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Working closely with the transformation lead to identify and discuss timelines, deliverables, dependencies and risks
- Consistently produces quality work with minimal guidance
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
What You'll Need to Succeed
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related is required.
- 2+ years of experience in business process automation solutions
- Expert in:
- Programming (1 or more): Python , C/C++, Java
- Databases: Relational (SQL), NoSQL (Mongo, Cassandra)
- Experience with:
- Frontend/Backend technologies (Different frameworks: Angular/Django)
- API development and integration
- Unit testing and debugging tools
- RPA (2 or more): UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Power Automate
- Git and knowledge with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications and application security
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau)
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems (preferably Oracle)
- Community contributions (Open source work, GitHub, Stack Overflow)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven analytical and skeptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Virtualization technologies (Docker)
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department TECH Role Developer