Legal Manager ¦ Central ¦ Contract Full timeThis is 12-month fixed-term contract.Something Extraordinary Every Day™
As our Legal Manager, you will assist and support the Central Legal & Development Director with monitoring and managing cross border legal matters. This includes but is not limited to reviewing legal matters, drafting contract documentations, and liaise with Legal Team across Europe and China.What you will be doing
What makes you special
- Assist in reviewing and monitoring legal matters, with particular focus on areas such as landlord & tenant, cartel, real estate, consumer law
- Draft contractual documentation as requested, such as brand contracts, commercial agreements and leases
- Work on projects to improve compliance of Brands with contractual obligations under their brand contracts in different jurisdictions
- Prepare draft and final contractual documentation in conjunction with the other members of the legal teams, signature request forms, circulate documents for signature
- Assist the other Village legal teams with commercial and leasing queries
There's no one quite like us
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- LPC (Legal Practice Course) qualification preferred
- Previous Paralegal experience or in-house legal experience would be an advantage
- Strong legal knowledge with the ability to read leases
- Knowledge of the outlet market would be a plus
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
Our Vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world.
Our Mission is to make the lives of others better including our brands, our guests, our people and our communities.
Our Brand Promise is to offer something extraordinary every day.
Our Five Values are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead:
Why we're exceptional
- Authenticity - Always do the right thing
- Innovation - Think outside of the box
- Passion - Do what you love and love what you do!
- Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious
- Vision - Be mission driven always
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. In return for your hard work and commitment to our values, you'll receive a generous salary and we'll also reward you through our Feel Good Programme which offers the following benefits:
Come and live your story with us
- Lifestyle - Our Lifestyle benefits include life assurance, income protection, pension, leisure travel insurance, an electric car scheme, a discounted shopping portal, discounts across our Villages, a referral bonus and season ticket loans.
- Physical - Our Physical health benefits include private medical cover, virtual doctor support, dental insurance, health screening, a cycle-to-work scheme, eye care and flu vaccinations.
- Mental - Our Mental health benefits include access to professionals as well as support from trained mental health 'first aiders' from across the business, an employee assistance programme and free access to Headspace and Thrive, two of the most well respected mental well-being apps.
- Social - Our social programme is designed to help us connect and, most importantly, have fun! Benefits include yoga classes, summer parties, outdoor team activities, time away from the office to enjoy special occasions such as birthdays, getting married, moving house and, of course, taking a well-deserved break.
At The Bicester Collection, we are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent. We believe in fostering an open culture, which supports our people to thrive and creates a sense of belonging. Working at the Bicester Collection means entering an inclusive space where all perspectives are valued, ideas are shared freely, and creativity is encouraged.