Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
As part of the Product Management team will partner with the Design, Merchandising, and Technical Design, as well as Sourcing Offices, Factories & Mills to ensure the integrity of product from sample to bulk production. Support the development and execution of the product strategy for the brand to create best overall value in terms of product, price, lead-time and quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Own the Master BOM for low touch designs. Create the initial Master BOM with a Tech Pack. Update BOM for showroom samples (post-proto approval) through stock approval/OK to buy/production ready. Submit tech pack dates in PLM and report metrics Develop and track counter sourced raw materials and components as needed: fabric/yarn/components/trim, embellishments, patches, labels & hangtags Track the development of and receive showroom samples Provide and maintain accurate and organized information for samples, garment deliveries and all issues Input, update and finalize all product details and costing in PLM (product lifecycle management software). Partner with manager to drive the optimized lead-times and activities from development to store Partner with senior team to develop and create timelines with sourcing offices and vendors on lab dips, raw material sourcing and approvals to ensure production delivery deadlines are met Work closely with team to maintain development and production costing for products Collaborate with senior team and technical designers and meet weekly to analyze product development WIP report Input, update and finalize all product details and costing in PLM (product lifecycle management software).
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Product development or related experience preferred
* Knowledge of garment manufacturing process
* Knowledge of apparel product development; includes experience in the assigned product category
* Agile, nimble and solution oriented
* Actively displays curiosity, a desire to learn and grow, and an innovative mind-set
* Strong communication and cross-functional team collaboration skills; ability to partner closely with Design, Technical Design, Raw Materials, and Merchandising Teams, as well as Sourcing Offices
* Strong organizational skills with detailed attention to product information
* Strong computer skills; Excel, Outlook, PLM
* Embodies the values of the RL Brand