Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.Job Overview
The Merchandise Manager develops the online merchandising strategies for their family of business and leads a team in executing those strategies, while partnering with cross-functional teams to maximize the customer experience. Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies
- Lead a team in executing merchandising strategies for navigation, on-site search, assortment layout, site content, and enhancements; ensuring an omni-channel approach
- Measure, analyze, and report how customers interact with the site across devices to drive strategic, actionable recommendations for team to execute
- Leverage all available resources and data to improve the overall customer experience to meet and exceed top-line, margin and conversion plans across all devices
- Collaborate with Buying and Planning teams to optimize opportunities for your family of business
- Continuously improve category navigation structure through analysis of key business drivers
- Responsible for on-site campaign planning, briefing, and implementing for marketing assets
- Collaborate with other Site Merchandise Managers to develop cross-site strategies and ensure consistent customer experience throughout the site
- Support digital marketing execution by implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) recommendations and assisting Search and Affiliate teams with linking support
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply.
- 5+ years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.