Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.Your Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Sr. Director of Merchandising reporting to the President of the Americas. This role will be based in New York, NY.
The ideal candidate can effectively influence and amplify plans cascaded from worldwide to meet the unique needs and insights of the region. The right candidate is a balance of the analytical and creative, married together to create an insightful, forward thinking, innovative leader. The ability to not only develop programs but to provide insightful, quantifiable measures of performance is essential.How you will contributeStrategic Leadership
- Develop and implement comprehensive merchandising strategies aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Drive an overall vision of the product lifecycle by leading the team to react to sales trends, market impacts, and inventory
- Oversee buying activities based on analysis and allocation (selection, quantities, assortment by store) as well as ensuring successful management of OTB seasonally.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to identify opportunities and threats.
- Lead the buying process for the Women's Ready-to-Wear category, ensuring a curated and cohesive product assortment.
- Analyze sales performance, inventory levels, and customer feedback to make data-driven decisions for assortment adjustments.
- Communicate merchandising strategies, product assortments, and performance insights to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with retail team to ensure understanding of local market needs by supporting in-store activities, contributing to customer loyalty, and maximizing the retail calendar.
Team Leadership and Development
- Collaborate on the implementation of product presentation strategies for new and existing products by supplying essential buying information to the visual merchandising team.
- Maintain open communication to continuously update and fine-tune displays based on evolving strategies and performance metrics.
- Offer performance feedback and communicate visual product priorities to support the visual merchandising team in implementing effective strategies.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing merchandising team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Provide guidance on professional development, skill-building, and performance management.
- Ensure smooth lines of communication between HQ and market; advocating for regional opportunities and needs
- Devise and lead team to collaborate with Training on products, collections and key messages for each season
Who you are?
- Monitor and optimize open-to-buy budgets, ensuring alignment with business goals.
- Develop and manage the budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to maximize ROI.
Why work with us?
- A minimum of 8+ years of buying experience gained within a comparable fashion and/or luxury environment.
- Experience in managing a merchandising team and track record in building an incremental business.
- Strong understanding of the luxury RTW market, fashion trends, and consumer behavior.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess elevated taste level to ensure appropriate brand representation.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate business goals into actionable plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.Salary Range: