POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Data & AnalyticsDEPT / DIVISION:
Supply Data & AnalyticsPOSITION REPORTS TO:
Sr. Director, Lighthouse LeadLOCATION:
December 2023POSITION SUMMARY:
The Supply Chain Data & Analytics (SDA) team sits within the corporate Supply Chain function at PVH and is passionate about powering a world-class, data-driven Supply Chain through exceptional data & analytics, driving impactful business decisions and insights. The Supply Chain Data & Analytics team plays a key role in enabling critical strategic outcomes in our supply chain. This team is responsible for managing reporting and analytics deliverables on the new Supply Chain Analytics platform (Lighthouse) related to strategic Supply Chain initiatives for Cost Optimization, Delivery Performance, Availability, Supply Chain Visibility, Traceability and Sustainability as well as tracking impact of adverse market conditions / risk events. This team is also responsible for supporting internal supply chain leaders with ad-hoc analytics requests in response to business conditions.
Working as a part of the SDA team based in India, the Senior Manager will leverage their technical and analytical experience to lead their team on multiple reporting & analytics deliverables (regular / ad-hoc / project based) that will in-turn enable PVH Supply Chain with data & insights to make informed decisions.
The candidate will work closely with other members of the SDA team, Technology Teams, Supply leadership and our regional and global stakeholders to solve critical business problems utilizing data and business process analysis skills. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB: General Responsibilities:
- Understand critical datasets and systems utilized by PVH Supply Chain to build domain knowledge required for problem solving.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining business reports and dashboards (both offline and utilizing data and analytics platform Lighthouse), as needed to support critical business needs.
- Co-manage (dotted line) regional analysts embedded within the regional supply organizations.
- Work with embedded analyst teams and supply chain stakeholders to identify Business Use Cases designed to provide answers and insights to the business.
- Enable Skill Development and Knowledge Sharing for Embedded Analysts & Super Users
- Help hire, Guide and Mentor resources in India's SDA analytics team.
- Provide first level support of content within Lighthouse for the end users.
- Additional focus on Advanced Analytics, Data Science use-cases, helping build for the future.
- Help define the role of Databricks in building a strong data & analytics delivery team, establishing appropriate processes, use cases and training for enabling it within the team.
- Provide input into the multiyear vision and data strategy for PVH Supply Chain analytics.
- Help with identification of Supply Chain use cases for analytics within Lighthouse driving to best-in-class analytics to enable a data-driven, exception-based supply chain.
- Work Closely with Product Manager/ Business Analytics and business teams to monitor and track D&A's contribution to PVH's strategic priorities.
- Provides management visibility into data-driven insights that inform the business's strategic direction and KPI's.
- Supports business executives and departmental leaders in making strategic, data-driven decisions, regarding new products, additional use cases, customer segments, investments, among other subjects.
- Contributes insights for the continuous improvement of the overall analytics environment.
- Partner with other SDA leaders to influence data and analytics capability roadmap, looking at flow of data end to end.
- Collaborate with supply chain business partners to define requirements for globally aligned analytics deliverables
- Collaborative Analysis and Problem Solving with Regional Stakeholders by creating reports (both offline and utilizing data and analytics platform Lighthouse).
- Collaborate across brands and regions to standardize and simplify toolset, data hierarchy, methodologies, metrics, and reporting.
- Partner with brands and regions to model out and quantify value of initiatives.
- Work closely with the Business Analyst to help gather and document all functional and technical requirements of all business use cases .
- Provide inputs into prioritization of Business Use Cases and the backlog for the development teams.
- Work closely with Senior Manager of Data Quality on the Data Quality and Governance activities including clean data practices and process improvement and alignment across all regions .
Knowledge and Opportunity :
- Prioritize the backlog of analytics capabilities working with key business leaders.
- Demonstrated skill using analytics for supply chain data assessment.
- Analyze & report internal and external data relevant to PVH Supply Chain.
- Understand evolving internal supply chain systems landscape and architecture.
- Perform variety analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess data trends and communicate the insights.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders - US SDA counterparts, Vendor Management Team, Brands and Businesses, IT, CR Team & external service partners to leverage appropriate data sources for analysis and reporting.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:Internal:
- Stays informed, keeping up with the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Participates in data conferences, workshops, seminars, and so forth.
- Brings new ideas and techniques to the team to inform the analytics roadmap and deliverables.
Executive Management, Global Owners, Team Leaders, and all levels of associates in our US, Europe, Hong Kong and India offices.External:
as neededSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct:
(potential to grow to 1-3 Data Analysts/Sr Data Analysts)
- Provide leadership for a team of Analysts performing data analysis, building reports, dashboards and metrics both offline and within the Lighthouse analytics platform.
- Set priorities, manage workload, grow their analytic skills and business data knowledge.
- Manage timelines and schedules for their work, removing roadblocks and escalating issues as needed to ensure work is completed on time with a high level of quality.
- Provide status updates on team's deliverables to broader project team.
- Decides priority and timing as well as resource allocation for all ad-hoc requests from the business.
- Identifies best solution to complex issues escalated from the team.
- Elevate issues to the appropriate channels.
- Identifies best solution for satisfying business analytics use cases.
- Self-starter with a curious mind who knows good ideas can come from anywhere.
- Proactively seeks out resources needed to be successful.
- Ability to build good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables.
- Uses creativity in communication to clearly articulate written and visual messages; includes creative usage of Power Point to convey messages.
- Trusted and respected resource as the "connector" to keep project teams on track.
- Ability to engage externally with industry groups and partners and represent PVH.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting with peers who are energized by building the future together.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and embrace change swiftly to drive transformational value.
- Ability to interface with stakeholders across multiple countries and cultures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCEExperience
- Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.
: 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in a global data & analytics environment.Education
Technical Skills (Must have)
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Science or similar quantitative field required, Master's degree a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Technical Skills (Good to have)
- Prior experience / exposure to applying analytics in a Supply Chain environment
- Strong ability to translate business use cases and strategic priorities into clear analytics requirements
- Strong ability to create clear, intuitive, and meaningful data visualizations and BI deliverables.
- Strong expertise with MS Excel (Pivot tables, look-up formulas, handling large volumes of data)
- Strong expertise with data mining using SQL
- Ability to query and manipulate datasets using SQL.
- Ability to write complex queries to model business rules.
- Solid understanding of Dimensional data models.
- Intermediate to Strong expertise in leveraging Statistical techniques in analysis.
- Experience with Descriptive statistics like - hypothesis testing, Correlation analysis etc.
- Experience with Predictive Modelling (Linear / Logistic Regression) and Time Series Forecasting.
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum.
- Strong skills building analytics in MicroStrategy or similar tool
- Exposure to DataBricks.
- Exposure to automating Excel tasks using VBA macros will be a plus.
- Prior experience / exposure to applying analytics in Fashion / Apparel.
- Strong expertise in using PowerPoint to present analysis findings and provide insights.
- Exposure to creating senior leadership level executive presentations.
- Excellent customer-facing oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team building.
- Data Analysis.