Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Regional sustainability expert that drives progress in various sustainability initiatives in manufacturing supply chain in Americas. Drive alignment on sustainability standards and expectations to suppliers with regional sourcing strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide sustainability subject matter expertise for in-region Higg FEM performance improvement, ZDHC implementation, and other program implementation covering energy, GHG, water, wastes and chemicals impact areas in Americas region
* Manage and drive post-assessment supplier engagement, in partnership with regional Sourcing team and leadership to deliver tangible performance improvements in all aspects of supplier sustainability KPIs.
* Deliver individual and/or group follow ups, site visits, trainings, webinars, on-site and off-site capability building initiatives for Americas suppliers for sustainability topics.
* Regular engagement with cross functional teams and leadership of regional Sourcing, as well as suppliers and external partners to drive alignment, integration, and progress towards RL supply chain sustainability goals
* Monitor and follow up supplier sustainability performance through direct data collection, internal tools, industry tools, and supplier scorecard, in close partnership with regional Sourcing.
* Identify and deliver in-region supplier capability building opportunities and deployment strategies, partnering closely across the broader global Sustainability and Sourcing teams, as well as external organizations.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Solid experience in apparel, textile, and leather supply chain/manufacturing sustainability
* Solid understanding in and passion for environmental sustainability issues and impact measurement. Subject matter expertise in energy, GHG, water, wastes and chemicals impact areas in manufacturing industry
* Bachelor's or advanced degree in relevant topics i.e. environmental science, industrial engineering, chemistry, sustainable development, and/or energy management
* Accustomed to working in a global, diverse, and dynamic cross-functional environment
* Exceptional collaboration and communication (and presentation) skills
* Established network of industry stakeholders in the region
* Fluency in regional language i.e. Spanish (verbal and written), and strong verbal and written English
* Advanced experience with MS Office applications